GDT: Game 19: Columbus vs. Boston | 11/21 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hopefully Boll and Prout get pressbox time tomorrow night. No need for that type of stuff in today's game or on this team. I mean we got Foligno out there to take care of the heavyweights when they try to take advantage of the team...

Oh we DONT want Foligno fighting anymore?!

Are Wisniewski and Johnson really trying to get the puck out of our zone or have Richards and Hartsburg gone over some sort of innovative "counter breakout" tactic only with them? Holy ****. I swear to whatever god you believe in that Johnson to wing should be seriously looked at.

And I might be the only 1... but I'd rather hear kickball stories than 1960's minor league baseball talk.

What does this post even mean? I can't tell which part is serious, which part attacks other posters opinions, and which part attacks Wisniewski (jk I see that part.)

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
Hopefully Boll and Prout get pressbox time tomorrow night. No need for that type of stuff in today's game or on this team. I mean we got Foligno out there to take care of the heavyweights when they try to take advantage of the team...

Are Wisniewski and Johnson really trying to get the puck out of our zone or have Richards and Hartsburg gone over some sort of innovative "counter breakout" tactic only with them? Holy ****. I swear to whatever god you believe in that Johnson to wing should be seriously looked at.

And I might be the only 1... but I'd rather hear kickball stories than 1960's minor league baseball talk.

What the flying ****? What would you have Prout do? That goon picked a fight and Prout answered, did you expect Prout to just walk away after taking all those boxing classes? :laugh:

pickledcotton

May 23, 2003
Pataskala, OH
Wennberg over Skille, Gibbons, Cracknell in shootout

I like Richards, but that's just hard to believe

Yep, that's where I was mentally when I made my comment. I don't hate Wennberg (I also happen to be Swedish, so I don't think I'm allowed to!), but he's outmatched at this level, and his first NHL goal was not likely to happen in a shootout. No idea what Richards was thinking on that one.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What does this post even mean? I can't tell which part is serious, which part attacks other posters opinions, and which part attacks Wisniewski (jk I see that part.)

What the flying ****? What would you have Prout do? That goon picked a fight and Prout answered, did you expect Prout to just walk away after taking all those boxing classes? :laugh:

Note: Heavy dose of sarcasm directed to those who think Prout & Boll are useless

I think he means if Boll and Prout are banished to the pressbox Foligno is the only guy left who is willing to drop the gloves and that is not necessarily a good idea. (Bus-may need some help here with what you really meant :laugh:)

Wiz and JJ suck at clearing the zone

He is needling Mayor but what he really means is he longs for more Major league baseball anecdotes

I have added an interpretation for those who had trouble understanding. :laugh:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Our scoring efforts in shoot out were very weak last nite. I think Cam came the closest to putting it in but was stopped by a good leg block. Other than that it seems most of the guys came out with no plan of attack and just skated down the ice with an intent to "take a whack at it".

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Came here to say on behalf of the Montreal Canadiens fan community. Thank you sir Dalton Prout. That was pure beauty. I never replayed video as much as I replayed that punch to the face.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Our scoring efforts in shoot out were very weak last nite. I think Cam came the closest to putting it in but was stopped by a good leg block. Other than that it seems most of the guys came out with no plan of attack and just skated down the ice with an intent to "take a whack at it".

Could be just because it was our first shootout this year.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Hopefully Boll and Prout get pressbox time tomorrow night. No need for that type of stuff in today's game or on this team. I mean we got Foligno out there to take care of the heavyweights when they try to take advantage of the team...[/B]

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic.....

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I sure hope you are right about his interpretation of Prout and Boll, especially Prout after last night. That is the type of thing I have been talking about for awhile, that stuff brings a team together quicker than anything, they will be a loose bunch tonight and come out flying.

Also, I love our 2 new defensemen! They both can skate and pivot from backward to forward and not stumble like the rest of our guys and they pinched and didn't get caught! And Connauton really looks like a much better version of Wiz!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
He is needling Mayor but what he really means is he longs for more Major league baseball anecdotes

That's what I got out of it as well. I don't remember sharing any stories from the minors in the 1960s at any point as it is.;)

jacketsinDC

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
awful game, i am starting to agree with people who said the team is quitting on richards.

if this team gets better they might actually have to face some starting goalies ...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
There hasn't been any quitting on Richards. I don't think anyone has brought that up.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

He dropped his left glove, grabbed Prout's collar, and turned to his right with his right arm lowered. Unless he was screaming, "Please don't hit me, Mr. Prout," how was Prout to know he wasn't dropping his right glove and preparing to swing? Looked like it to me on TV, anyway. Then, after Prout clocked him, held him from hitting the ice, and refrained from hitting him again when he was vulnerable, Lucic took a swing as the ref was holding Prout. Tell me again who is gutless?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hmm...let me punch/check this guy in the head, skate right at him, throw off one of my gloves, but then claim I didn't want to fight. What a *****.

Vickers8

He dropped his left glove, grabbed Prout's collar, and turned to his right with his right arm lowered. Unless he was screaming, "Please don't hit me, Mr. Prout," how was Prout to know he wasn't dropping his right glove and preparing to swing? Looked like it to me on TV, anyway. Then, after Prout clocked him, held him from hitting the ice, and refrained from hitting him again when he was vulnerable, Lucic took a swing as the ref was holding Prout. Tell me again who is gutless?

Good for Prout, Lucic is a cheapshot artist

thebus2288*

I nominate EspenK for mod. Can I do that? And ca5150 get your **** together, I've been on your side of the Boll talk the whole time.

I really think Lucic has set himself up for an even bigger embarrassment. His best bet would've been to just be quiet. Now his best option is doing nothing next game and looking like a *****.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I nominate EspenK for mod. Can I do that? And ca5150 get your **** together, I've been on your side of the Boll talk the whole time.

I really think Lucic has set himself up for an even bigger embarrassment. His best bet would've been to just be quiet. Now his best option is doing nothing next game and looking like a *****.

I'm not at all suggesting to scratch him, but he needs to bring more hitting and fighting and scrums and stirring things up with the other team. Talk some trash, do something to piss off the other team!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad