GDT: Game 18: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals | 4:00 PM | Should Have Been A Dead Poet Edition

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The refs hating us theory seems to hold some weight this season. We are undisciplined and take too many penalties but there are a lot of times they are going further than they need to call penalties on us.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The refs hating us theory seems to hold some weight this season. We are undisciplined and take too many penalties but there are a lot of times they are going further than they need to call penalties on us.

We had 2 power plays and a 4 on 4 to tie the game when it was 3-2.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
That does it. Oh well. Didn't expect to get any points here, especially as I was coerced into doing the GDT. :laugh:

At least no apparent injuries. Hope for a bounce tomorrow with Malcolm (I guess) in net. Maybe he will play as he did vs the Leaves. And we certainly can't have a letdown vs the Wings. Hoping to finish off this roadie the right way.

Go! :vegas Go!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We had 2 power plays and a 4 on 4 to tie the game when it was 3-2.

The 4 on 4 isn't relevant when discussing power plays. I know we've had power plays, I'm just saying we have had a lot of ticky tacky calls against us. But I will say I have seen refs calling too many penalties in games in general this season.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We need defensive help. Engelland is perfectly fine when there is one of him on the third pairing. He can still provide this team with useful play, but Holden and Merrill added to that spell a team that won't be successful.

We have gone all in on this team so either the team or management need to do something to sort it because improving to very good isn't even an option they need to be a Cup contender with the moves they've made.

Or else try to get a top 2 pick.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Very lazy game, just trying to chip the puck instead of aggressive skating.

Washington goals #1: Merrill and Holden caught flat-footed
#2: Awful play by Merrill
#3: Theodore hands Cap the puck
#4: OK, I'll give Fleury a pass - power play caused by #15 getting beat

It's early and name of the game is make the playoffs. Love my VGK but we are not a contender with this defense or the third line or the effort I see.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We only scored 2 goals this game and only once on a 5 on 5. Good luck trying to beat the Capitals with that.

So we’re actually very consistent offensively. In the last 10 games without Tuch we scored 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 5, 2, 1, 2.

And unfortunately Nate Schmidt hasn’t given the team the same boost we saw last year (not that I would blame him either).

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We only scored 2 goals this game and only once on a 5 on 5. Good luck trying to beat the Capitals with that.

So we’re actually very consistent offensively. In the last 10 games without Tuch we scored 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 5, 2, 1, 2.

And unfortunately Nate Schmidt hasn’t given the team the same boost we saw last year (not that I would blame him either).

Meanwhile the Capitals have scored at least 5 goals in 7 of the last 10 games.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona

I think Schmidt has had a multitude of chances and he drives possession. Hard to score 5x5 when you constantly have to go 200 feet to score and the defense constantly turns the puck over.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I think Schmidt has had a multitude of chances and he drives possession. Hard to score 5x5 when you constantly have to go 200 feet to score and the defense constantly turns the puck over.

Agreed and I wasn’t trying to pick on him. I’ve heard Knight fans say his return would be like a magical fix and that clearly hasn’t happened. But having those expectations is unfair to him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
How many games before they would make some changes? What is the limit of losses and looking bad they would take before thinking the team would need a change?

I'm just asking what people think that number would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad