GDT: Game 18 | Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D+

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Big night from Jimmy. We need him to play like that if we are going to have any shot at making the playoffs.

2. Same for Kronwall. This was probably his best game this season.

3. I don't think there's any doubt Tatar took Mursak's spot. Anyone who actually watches the games can see that Tatar belongs in the NHL. And full disclosure: I've never really thought Tatar was a legit NHL'er. Happy to be wrong, our bottom 6 has been much better with the addition of Tatar and Andersson.

4. Hataz gonna hate: Brian freaking Lashoff had the most minutes and shifts for Detroit. He was +1.

5. We really didn't miss Quincey tonight, did we?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Two tough games in arow for Z

Yeah, but Fil isn't helping him out much.

That whole line has been pretty silent, teams are trying to shut that line down. Could be a factor in why Pav has been so dominant lately because there's less heat on him.

...........maybe Babs was planning this all along by giving Pav Abs and Cleary for line mates:sarcasm:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
1. Big night from Jimmy. We need him to play like that if we are going to have any shot at making the playoffs.

3. I don't think there's any doubt Tatar took Mursak's spot. Anyone who actually watches the games can see that Tatar belongs in the NHL. And full disclosure: I've never really thought Tatar was a legit NHL'er. Happy to be wrong, our bottom 6 has been much better with the addition of Tatar and Andersson.

4. Hataz gonna hate: Brian freaking Lashoff had the most minutes and shifts for Detroit. He was +1.

Jimmy was awesome. Kronwall was alright. Tatar belongs in the top 6 considering Mule and Bert are hurt. NO ONE DENIES THIS. Lashoff made some solid plays on the PK and in the corners throughout the game but he's still hella slow and and #6 d-man when Q and Smith come back. Stop hating on Q.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013

As long as they keep playing like this..Quincey who?
Just happy we got a W:yo::handclap::nod::D

Aug 6, 2012
That whole line has been pretty silent, teams are trying to shut that line down. Could be a factor in why Pav has been so dominant lately because there's less heat on him.

...........maybe Babs was planning this all along by giving Pav Abs and Cleary for line mates:sarcasm:

I thought Weber and the Fisher line were paired against Datsyuk.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Jimmy was awesome. Kronwall was alright. Tatar belongs in the top 6 considering Mule and Bert are hurt. NO ONE DENIES THIS. Lashoff made some solid plays on the PK and in the corners throughout the game but he's still hella slow and and #6 d-man when Q and Smith come back. Stop hating on Q.

Serious question: what has Quincey done to make you think he's worth just under $4 million a year? Specific examples or answers would be fantastic.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
4-0 shutout = nothing to complain about! :handclap:

Kindl paired with Huskins, the possible screw-ups were magnified exponentially, but we survived the storm. In the 3rd I was happy to see Tootoo out I'm pretty sure replacing Brunner? Good call. Pleased the 3rd/4th line can contribute and take some heat off of #1 and 2. As Howard said post-game, the Wings paid attention to detail and it paid off. Feeling positive and confident for Canucks tomorrow.

Lets Go Red Wings!

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Serious question: what has Quincey done to make you think he's worth just under $4 million a year? Specific examples or answers would be fantastic.

I don't believe he's worth under 4 million a year. But he's played a lot better as of late. I'm not a big fan. It is what it is with him. Is Dan Cleary worth what he's paid? Is Flip this year?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
We really didn't miss Quincey tonight, did we?

No but I don't think you can really draw any conclusions that the team is better without him either.

He leads the team in +/- so I'm not sure how you could argue he would have cost the team 5 goals. Per 60 minutes played Quincey has the 2nd fewest goals against of all our defenceman behind only Kindl, and he has the best # of goals for while on the ice.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
No but I don't think you can really draw any conclusions that the team is better without him either.

He leads the team in +/- so I'm not sure how you could argue he would have cost the team 5 goals. Per 60 minutes played Quincey has the 2nd fewest goals against of all our defenceman behind only Kindl, and he has the best # of goals for while on the ice.

Good post Flashy. Lets stop attacking Q and Kindl. The problem with this team is lack of top 6 scoring beyond Z, Pav, and Brunner. The terrible PP and PK is more the problem. And we need Jimmy to play like he did tonight on a more consistent basis.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Stats can say what they want, I watch Quincey and Cleary every game. They're worthless almost

I've watched every second of the Wings this season and I agree Cleary has sucked in every game but tonights.

Quincey on the other hand is getting judged based on a terrible finish to last season, a bad playoff run, and a terrible opening 3 games.

Since that point he has been arguably our best and most consistent defenceman.

Generally I find people who ignore stats as irrelevant/worthless have made up their minds about someone and will only listen to numbers if they confirm their bias.

Numbers rarely lie.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh, best game of the season, and best game from Cleary and Kronwall.

First time they got those point shots and screens working together. Cleary screened the Kronwall's goal and tipped in another (also Kronwall shot).

Some shades about that legendary work by Lidström-Holmström, that was their bread and butter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad