GDT: Game 18: Coyotes @ Kings - 5PM - FSAZ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I think Tocchet challenged to appease Kuemper but yes fire Tocchet. Best thing to come from this season will be his and Housley’s firings.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
On the ranting topic....felt like Dvo was quiet tonight. Need more from him.

This off season can't come soon enough for the roster and hopefully coaching changes. This team freaking needs to fix a lot of shit.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Dvorak needs to do more, but he is stuck w/under performers 5on5. Coyotes need influx of skill, here's hoping Jenik is the real deal, Hayton needs to get there faster as well. Must say I didn't expect us to be this good though, so pleasantly surprised, but we're so far from competing for the cup it's depressing as hell.

Last edited:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Hill is definitely overdue for a start. Otherwise, he's inevitably getting thrown into the middle of a game with zero game time under his belt. I don't think it's too long until Kuemper has a real stinker, he seems obsessed with the Mike Smith stomach flop this season.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
When the players are not performing, it is up to the coach to not play them. It should not be that complicated but with Tocchet it seems complicated; seniority/experience and all that.

We won a very well played 1-0 'game 7' against the Blues. You would think the logical thing to do would be to play the same line up again the next game.

Then if someone falters in that next game then you replace him for the subsequent game.

It does not feel like rocket science.

But with Tocchet it is.

It must be cringing for Hayton to have played reasonably well this year, have had a good game 7 against the Blues and now being sort of talk about as "you are going to the AHL" while witnessing the plays of Brassard last game or Caggiula this game.

I cannot wait for Tocchet to be gone.

That team was not ready to play on Thursday evening, and it was a terribly managed game by him tonight in just about all aspect.

GET RID.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Ps. Whilst terribly annoying, and I agree a solution must be found, the Garland bullying is a distraction. This was really not the difference between winning or losing tonight in my mind.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Body language and energy went in the dumpster after the SH goal against. You could feel it and see it. They were fortunate to get the Kessel goal.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Need to find a better partner for OEL. The Demers thing doesn’t work anymore and he can’t have a totally briandead partner like Bush. Need another Michalek.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Need to find a better partner for OEL. The Demers thing doesn’t work anymore and he can’t have a totally briandead partner like Bush. Need another Michalek.

I don't think the OEL+ Bush partnership was that bad tonight. The third goal was really bad coverage by the forwards.

You are right though, but perhaps I see it in a slightly different angle: OEL is not really the sort of D man that makes his partner better (that's quite the problem to be honest). He needs a very specific type of partner and we have not found one in all those years; at least since Michalek as you say.

OEL seems reasonable comfortable with Demers, but this is as long as Demers does not blow totally like on Thursday.

Bush and Oesterle combo is fine.

I have enjoyed Bush and Chychrun together, but appreciate it is too risky as both tend to make plays and push in the offensive zone.

Anyway I think the problem is much greater than OEL or any of his partners.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
I don't think the OEL+ Bush partnership was that bad tonight. The third goal was really bad coverage by the forwards.

You are right though, but perhaps I see it in a slightly different angle: OEL is not really the sort of D man that makes his partner better (that's quite the problem to be honest). He needs a very specific type of partner and we have not found one in all those years; at least since Michalek as you say.

OEL seems reasonable comfortable with Demers, but this is as long as Demers does not blow totally like on Thursday.

Bush and Oesterle combo is fine.

I have enjoyed Bush and Chychrun together, but appreciate it is too risky as both tend to make plays and push in the offensive zone.

Anyway I think the problem is much greater than OEL or any of his partners.

Good post. I'd like then to try Hjalmarsson with him again. Another thing with OEL is that partner that helps elevate his game isn't always consistent. I believe Z wasn't great with him year one Z came back. Could be wrong. But either way feel like OEL and Hammer deserve another shot.

The great thing about the offseason is getting a fresh start on the blueline and seeing if we can find great partners for our two #1LD's in Chychrun and OEL

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Is this the whole presser? Did no one ask him about how Garland is being treated? How about asking what he or the team is going to do about it?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Is this the whole presser? Did no one ask him about how Garland is being treated? How about asking what he or the team is going to do about it?

I actually think Todd Walsh did. At least in the post game radio broadcast.

I couldn’t hear exact what Walsh asked but it was about Garland getting pounded.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We need a Ryan White type. Some crazy f***er who can still play.

I’d suit up his dad.

Arizona-Coytotes-Ryan-White-isä-Pallomeri.net_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad