GDT: Game 18: Coyotes @ Flames | 2-24-13 | 6PM MST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Ugh, it pisses me off that Vermette can't take a hard pass. Everything bounces straight off his stick and we lose possession.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
He had some good keeps at the line on the pp but I'm not convinced having him at the point in a pp is the best place for him either. Seems like he'd be more useful on the sides.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
So, what you guys are saying is we need a goal scorer? How long have we been saying that? lol

I think everyone will be much more content once we are healthy again. Right now this is just brutal.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What ever happened to having Doan on the point for power plays? Didn't we do that a while back?

Yeah and all he did with it was his down-on-the-knee slaspshot that usually went wide and bounced off the boards and out of the zone.

It worked sometimes, but wasn't effective and all the other Western teams figured it out pretty quickly.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So, what you guys are saying is we need a goal scorer? How long have we been saying that? lol

I think everyone will be much more content once we are healthy again. Right now this is just brutal.

Hanzal and Vrbata aren't bad options, but other than that we have no real depth on offense. These last few games have really made me miss Ray Whitney.

Sucks to be down 1-0 to a pretty soft goal though. Flames aren't really looking that threatening in my opinion, and neither are we. Just some half chances here and there, and the difference is the softie. Would not be surprised to see it end this way.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah and all he did with it was his down-on-the-knee slaspshot that usually went wide and bounced off the boards and out of the zone.

It worked sometimes, but wasn't effective and all the other Western teams figured it out pretty quickly.
Plus, if Doan coughs up the puck at the point, it's going to be a breakaway and Doan has no chance of catching up, whereas Boedker has the speed to potentially shut down a breakaway.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I hope this is not a chronic back issue with Hanzal that they are trying to mitigate with rest. He looked perfectly fine his last game out, then gets shut down. Makes no sense, unless he is attempting to play through something.

If it was his back (and I know it has been in the past) wouldn't he have had surgery on it during the off-season?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I think the players need to simply start throwing their gear at the goalie on the PP. Send it to the point, and everyone should start chucking their gloves, helmets, and sticks. It's a thought.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I think the players need to simply start throwing their gear at the goalie on the PP. Send it to the point, and every start chucking their gloves, helmets, and sticks. It's a thought.

Put Biznasty out there and have him pull a Sean Avery to distract the goalie.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Almost a full two minutes of a 5 on 3, and we did ****ing nothing. Unbelievable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad