Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - Bruins lay a brontosaurus egg in Manhattan - NYR 6 Boston 2 F

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The sky is officially falling.

200.gif

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
You catch how many goals the Bruins gave up the last two nights?

He has nice offensive instincts. I’m talking about defense. Keeping the puck out of your own net. He isn’t a capable top-4 guy (yet) he needs to be sheltered. So you pointing out that he had a nice offensive play is useless.
Agree.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
**** JOHN MOORE CURSE UPDATE ****

Over the last two seasons the Bruins are 43-7-8 without him in the lineup. That's an 82 game pace of 133 points, good for #1 all-time.

With him in the lineup they are 12-12-6. That's an 82 game pace of 82 points.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Cut the dead wood.
Kuraly, Wagner, Moore should be gone, pronto.

They are 4th liners & extra D man.Fix the areas that need fixing and let them guys play the role they are suppose to play.Cassidy needs to iron some things out and stop looking for offence with them.I am not a fan of using Pastrnak etc with Kuraly.Your just burning more of his energy that way.Know your roles and stick with it.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Ah yes my favorite annual “CASSIDY IS ON THE HOT SEAT!!!” talk after a two game losing streak
Right on cue with the Claude is free chant. Guy was not very good his last year here.

Cassidy came in and saved that year going 18-8-1. Claude was 26-23-6 and they were headed for a spot out of the playoffs. @BlackFrancis

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
You’re just another long line of posters on here that has a lot of posts but has no idea what you are watching. The Bruins shelter Zboril when everyone is healthy, watch the games, you might learn something.
I know excactly what I’m watching and Zboril wasn’t the problem today. If that what you think is the problem, I doubt you know more than me.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Ah yes my favorite annual “CASSIDY IS ON THE HOT SEAT!!!” talk after a two game losing streak

How many games will it take for the bruins to be concerned?

The coach will always be under the microscope. Cassidy of all people knows this all to well.

Nobody is saying he's on the hot seat but you would be fooling yourself to believe he's not being monitored. How are we to know if he's lost the players? Only the players and GM know that with certainty.

Reactions: Estlin and Gordoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You’re just another long line of posters on here that has a lot of posts but has no idea what you are watching. The Bruins shelter Zboril when everyone is healthy, watch the games, you might learn something.

Quickly looking at his TOI in the game logs, I’m not seeing anything that stands out as “sheltered”. He seems to get time with every RH defenseman.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I know excactly what I’m watching and Zboril wasn’t the problem today. If that what you think is the problem, I doubt you know more than me.

Part of the problem, which is what my initial post was. Playing above his head. It’s his first season in the NHL, he needs to be on the 3rd pair with a stout defensive partner.

There are a lot of guys in similar situations, playing above their head and the results are what they are.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Quickly looking at his TOI in the game logs, I’m not seeing anything that stands out as “sheltered”. He seems to get time with every RH defenseman.

He plays on the third pair and gets a lot of offensive zone starts. He has been sheltered when everyone is healthy. It’s not a big deal for a first year defensemen, but it is the truth.

Reactions: wintersej

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Kuraly and Wagner tonight.

25 mins of ice (Kuraly with 14 due to PK)
No points.
1 shot on goal.
Minus 4.
5 hits.
1 blocked shot.
3 and 11 in faceoff dot.

That’s not cherry picking either. Pretty consistent over a period of time.

What happened to them? And more importantly, I get we don’t have 30 goal scorer waiting to get in lineup, but do we not have a couple of energy guys that can step in to give th3m some time in the press box? That’s what they need.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Part of the problem, which is what my initial post was. Playing above his head. It’s his first season in the NHL, he needs to be on the 3rd pair with a stout defensive partner.

There are a lot of guys in similar situations, playing above their head and the results are what they are.
I won’t argue with that. Is he playing good enough so that you forget Chara?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
**** JOHN MOORE CURSE UPDATE ****

Over the last two seasons the Bruins are 43-7-8 without him in the lineup. That's an 82 game pace of 133 points, good for #1 all-time.

With him in the lineup they are 12-12-6. That's an 82 game pace of 82 points.
I must say that I was 100% wrong about Moore. I thought that he was a really decent pick up when they got him. I was mind blowingly WRONG!

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

Side note: I was at that flames game with my father in law. Game was a stinker but we were four rows back from behind the flames net. Closest Ive ever sat. One of my last fun pre-covid events.

Anyways, this too shall pass!

Looking forward to getting out of this funk. The last two games were bizarro world Baskin-Robbins games: 31 flavors of awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad