GDT: Game 17 - Arizona Coyotes @ Pittsburgh Penguins (7pm Est/4pm Pac)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If you could consistently hit the ref with those long-bomb passes you could get a lot of break-aways.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
w to pile on him...lets give him some time, the only thing that bothers me is why he has to play 25 and plus minutes
That's probably why he's so noticeably bad, he needs to play less like 18 min tops. Also, he shouldn't be on the top PP unit, but we've been saying that for a while now and I don't think that will change.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Fantastic play by Dumo there. Dumo-Tang is the right pairing.
You start Schultz on that PP and you probably score on the first setup or atleast have a higher probability.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
really? THese are the most obvious lines we've had in a long time. 6 best scorers on the top 2 lines, 3 best checking forwards on the 3rd line, 3 grinders on the 4th.
I don't know, if the goal is get some semblance off offensive balance throughout the lineup, this definitely won't achieve that. This seems to be conceding that our our bottom 6 simply can't be an offensive threat(which might be true given the 3C situation). It doesn't give Sid/Geno much support defensively either.

I'm not saying these lines definitely won't work, they just seem to go against the favored philosophy of the last couple years.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know, if the goal is get some semblance off offensive balance throughout the lineup, this definitely won't achieve that. This seems to be conceding that our our bottom 6 simply can't be an offensive threat(which might be true given the 3C situation). It doesn't give Sid/Geno much support defensively either.

I'm not saying these lines definitely won't work, they just seem to go against the favored philosophy of the last couple years.

Yep. If you can't roll four lines with an offensive threat, this is what you have to do and Sully is right to do it given the scoring issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad