Post-Game Talk: GAME 16 - BRUINS 5 Poutinevillle 2 - OLE, OLE, OLE!!!!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What a great start for the B's. I didn't realize the Rags are having such a great start too (with a game in hand on Boston), but the B's are in very good shape in their Division

..and it's good to see the habs where they belong

1700371924776.png

1700371952828.png

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Great game by the Bruins from start to finish really,but man the Lucic situation really puts a damper on things,really sucks.
It sucks as a big fan of the player, but I don't think it's a big deal for the team. He only played 4 games on the 4th line so it's not like he was an integral piece. Minor distraction but the guys in the locker room will move past it.

It is sad though that all too frequently people we rely on for entertainment let us down when their conduct away from the spotlight comes to light. I was really excited to have him back, but he let us all down. Hopefully the damage isn't that bad but arrest + indefinite leave don't really give much hope that this is only a minor situation.

That said, like the miller signing last year was a media distraction off ice that had little impact on, I think this will be similar. Since Lucic played so little this season, I don't attribute any of the success they've had so far to him, and I feel great about the group without him. Patrick Brown, for however useless he's been, has been a bigger part of this team than Lucic.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Pasta at almost 1.7 points per game. There was a point years ago, probably after we traded away Seguin, where I thought we'd never see a superstar of that caliber on the always defensively-focused B's. He's such a special player.

McAvoy-Lindholm-Carlo-Lorhei as a long term d group. Swayman as a longterm starter. I turn 33 in a couple weeks, and I think it's a fair bet that this team will be a solid playoff team until I'm in my 40s.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
What a great start for the B's. I didn't realize the Rags are having such a great start too (with a game in hand on Boston), but the B's are in very good shape in their Division

..and it's good to see the habs where they belong

View attachment 770321

View attachment 770322

The Rangers arguably have the best offense in the league when it's on song - pace and skill and some exceptional passing. Defense remains a bit of a weak point, especially with Fox on the shelf with a knee injury. The two teams meet next Saturday, both on the 2nd half of a b2b. If the Bruins can stifle NY's attack they should get their chances the other way. Will be a good test for both teams.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a fun game, I thought the Bruins were much more physical than last Saturday. McAvoy is amazing to watch, he was a bit rusty last week but was flying last night. I'm very happy for Freddy, I especially enjoyed him coming out of the box to score. JVR is so good net front, he was a great pick-up.

It was important for the Bruins to win on a special night against the Habs. All those legends in the Garden and they definitely showed up. It was great to see how many players came for the ceremony, also a bit sad at the same time. Time goes by so fast.

mxcrossb

Mar 29, 2023
Osaka
There was a lot of “we’ll know if this teams for real by the end of November” early in the season. Well here we go: Tampa, Florida, Detroit, New York. Fortunately we’re coming in hot, scoring five goals in 3/4.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I heard them announce Greg Shepard but didn't see him. I said to my wife that it's sad, if I walked by many of these gentlemen on the street I may not recognize them. Besides the others, I was looking for Brad Park?
Too bad that some of the champs are not here with us today, Johnny McKenzie, Carol Vadnais etc.

They showed an interview with Don Awry and Cheevers iirc.
Didn't hear them announce Walton or Leach.
They showed Greg Sheppard a couple of times. I saw a 22, but Brad Park was on the Rangers for the Bruins Cups in 70 and 72 and, in fact, lost to us in the 72 final. He did not join the Bruins until 75-76.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I feel for Jack Edwards, and am surprised he's not receiving backlash for referring to the Habs logo as a toilet seat. I had to rewind the DVR, I couldn't believe it. Great job by Brickley changing the subject immediately!
I almost fell off my couch because I was laughing so hard. Had I been drinking anything it totally would’ve squirted out of my nose!

What backlash would he get? From Canadiens fans? Maybe the league? Who cares?

It was perfect. Just a little one-liner that many people probably didn’t even notice. We say it all the time here, so we knew immediately, but I’m sure a lot of people probably were like, “what the hell is he talking about?” That is if they noticed at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad