GDT: Game 15: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET, MSG2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
I've seen this floated about here and on twitter, but I don't recall the interview? I don't know it was Jack or some other player that said that they got too emotional in R1, which led to not enough focus in R2 vs Canes.

But I've never seen the interview.

It makes sense tho, putting all your energy into beating your rivals and then you're emotionally exhausted and perhaps physically exhausted for the next round, especially after the decade of being irrelevancy until then.
About the 8 min mark.

It’s actually a really good interview. He was pretty respectful of SHESTY and NYR. Still hate that his shite org got him instead of us.

Reactions: Irishguy42

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Devils are definitely amongst the best younger teams in the NHL but so far this year they've taken a step back at least to how I expected. Carolina has struggled more than I thought too. From season to season it can be hard to maintain. We watch the Panthers last year barely make it in and then practically go all the way in the playoffs. Last year the Rangers also dropped a bit and this year so far we're doing great even missing Igor, Fox and Chytil we've continued to do well. That's a great sign but even so we're not getting a lot of offensive contribution from our 3rd and 4th lines. That can be read a couple ways.....that we're eventually going to fall back down or that we're not firing all cylinders and things might even get better. I think there's a lot more that can come from Mika and Kakko though too. I guess we'll see.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
- We have been playing very well lately
- Devils have been suspect
- Shesty probably returns

So I predict a 4-1 win for the Devils. It's all set for a massive disappointment tonight.
Fat chance of that I think. Meier and Hischier out. 10-1 Rangers !

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Fat chance of that I think. Meier and Hischier out. 10-1 Rangers !
unorthodox-display-of-hubris-but-very-well-sticker.jpg

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
There must be some agreement with the Devil's/Islanders when they signed with MSG. When the Knicks play, they get MSG. The Devil's or Islanders get the 2nd MSG and the Rangers are bumped to the 3rd channel. They changed the names of those extra MSGs. But when it's only hockey, the Rangers get MSG and the others get the 2nd channel. Tonight it's the former. I expect the Rangers to be on that 3rd channel with Sam and Joe but you're right, it isn't on my listings. But that 3rd channel says to go to optimum.net to see what's being shown on that channel.
It’s always been crazy that the isles and devs get more priority than the team the network owns lol

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
time for the night for kaapo kakko to step up...he's been sitting on the sidelines watching laf get feted for his breakout. he's seen what hughes has done the last few years. he's had a break to hit the reset button. expecting him to show something tonight.

still want to see the laf/panarin connection produce.

honestly just hope they show up and can match the devils desperation. too early to put all that much weight into any outcome, but a win in 60 would open up a significant lead. a loss doesn't hurt much as long as they show up with the right compete level.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
time for the night for kaapo kakko to step up...he's been sitting on the sidelines watching laf get feted for his breakout. he's seen what hughes has done the last few years. he's had a break to hit the reset button. expecting him to show something tonight.

still want to see the laf/panarin connection produce.

honestly just hope they show up and can match the devils desperation. too early to put all that much weight into any outcome, but a win in 60 would open up a significant lead. a loss doesn't hurt much as long as they show up with the right compete level.
Wouldn’t get my hopes up w Bonino at center

Reactions: will1066

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
About the 8 min mark.

It’s actually a really good interview. He was pretty respectful of SHESTY and NYR. Still hate that his shite org got him instead of us.

I agree. Really good interview. Hughes is smart there, and he is definitely the best player among both rosters combined. Very intelligent player, and you can see how well he reads the room and his leadership skills are right there to define everything.

Hate that he will be an all-timer for the Devils. I thought the Isles/Rangers would be the good tri-state rivalry a few years back, but...nope...the Devils are a fantastic roster for the next few years, and the Devils/Rangers rivalry having two good teams at the same time is amazing stuff for the league.

Last edited:

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Almost as much as I wanna see the Rangers win another Stanley Cup I want to see team USA win another Olympics. Jack Hughes is going to be our best player if that happens soon.. otoh his whining is almost Cindy-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad