Skinner-Ryan-Jooris
Nordstrom-Kruger-McGinn

Slavin-van Riemsdyk
Fleury-Faulk
Hanifin-Dahlbeck

Ward
Darling

Notes and Such:

Although goaltender Antti Raanta has been taken off injured reserve and thrust back into playing duties, Tocchet maintained the Finnish netminder is still being evaluated on a day-to-day basis and would not commit to a starter between the pipes for Saturday.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=b3e603f909fe2e9e5022c61036e6f991

“You’ve got to earn your ice time,” Duclair said. “You’ve got to earn the trust of your team and your coaches. They do have high expectations for me so for myself, when you don’t reach those expectations, consequences are going to come.”

Those consequences could include a return to the press box on Saturday when the Coyotes host the Carolina Hurricanes.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1300439/coyotes-duclair-still-searching-complete-game/

I like to watch this video and pretend it's like the first period of a Coyotes game until...

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Alright lads, how many goals against will be the direct result of mistakes from KConn and/or Schenn? I'm going with two.

Reactions: Yandover

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'll be there. At this rate I should have gotten a half season pass unfortunately. I've missed 3 games this season. The Thursday and Saturday after the game in Vegas(note to self, you can't drink in Vegas like you used to when younger), and the game against Buffalo because of work. Put in 12 hours days the past 2 days because of month end work.

Look, I didn't expect us to be a great team, but with the pickups we got in the offseason, it wasn't like finding a filler for cheap. We made moves that I honestly thought we would do better than last year. It's just stupid, stupid mistakes on the back end that don't help our goalies out at all. Not to mention our goalies aren't nearly as good as many other teams, so it's just a bad combination. It's frustrating, for sure, but dangit, we've played some good games and gotten bit by bad mistakes. Good teams don't make those mistakes, and good teams capitalize on those mistakes. Until those are fixed, it's going to a rough ride.

Reactions: _Del_

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'll be there. At this rate I should have gotten a half season pass unfortunately. I've missed 3 games this season. The Thursday and Saturday after the game in Vegas(note to self, you can't drink in Vegas like you used to when younger), and the game against Buffalo because of work. Put in 12 hours days the past 2 days because of month end work.

Look, I didn't expect us to be a great team, but with the pickups we got in the offseason, it wasn't like finding a filler for cheap. We made moves that I honestly thought we would do better than last year. It's just stupid, stupid mistakes on the back end that don't help our goalies out at all. Not to mention our goalies aren't nearly as good as many other teams, so it's just a bad combination. It's frustrating, for sure, but dangit, we've played some good games and gotten bit by bad mistakes. Good teams don't make those mistakes, and good teams capitalize on those mistakes. Until those are fixed, it's going to a rough ride.
Agreed, mistakes are killing us maybe more so than goal tending. Hopefully Raanta bails us out and plays well soon. The mistakes are our major problem outside of goal tending, specifically turnovers, players in the wrong spot(mostly forwards), and missed assignments on D. maybe this game will be the start of a turn around, hope we win 4-0. The team and the coaches need it in the worst way:)

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Totally random, but here's one from my archives:
View attachment 82285

How much worse could it be if we just called up random Roadrunners every game?

Looking through their roster, I'd like to see Merkely get a shot. He is a RHS and is doing quite well so far. Looke and Sislo are also RHS and appear to be doing okay. Any of these three are worth trying out.

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looking through their roster, I'd like to see Merkely get a shot. He is a RHS and is doing quite well so far. Looke and Sislo are also RHS and appear to be doing okay. Any of these three are worth trying out.

More rookies isn't the answer. A former pro like Etem might be worth a look.

Reactions: cobra427 and Mosby

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Stabilize the ship with veterans and lose 2-1 instead of 5-4!

(semi-sarcasm)

If this losing continues, it's going go from problematic learning environment to toxic learning environment real quick. I'll be in favor of sending down anyone and everyone eligible for Tucson soon if things don't change. They've only 'quit' for the Rangers game so far. I hope that willingness to work continues.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I totally forgot I got invited to go to zoo lights today.

Sadly I’ve decided that I’m going to take my daughter to that instead of watching this game.

Reactions: doaner

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
More rookies isn't the answer. A former pro like Etem might be worth a look.

I agree. The "answer" wasn't what I was commenting on, "h0w much worse could it be?" was.

However, Etem is a LHS and not producing at the rate of those three RHS I listed. Veterans are an answer, not Etem or Campbell though...real vets and more salary. Being a cap floor team isn't helping accumulate W's.

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I agree. The "answer" wasn't what I was commenting on, "h0w much worse could it be?" was.

However, Etem is a LHS and not producing at the rate of those three RHS I listed. Veterans are an answer, not Etem or Campbell though...real vets and more salary. Being a cap floor team isn't helping accumulate W's.

Most teams aren't looking to trade useful players at this point of the year, and it's not like the Coyotes have an abundance of trade ammo.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Having lost a son in his mid twenties to cancer, hockey fights cancer night always offers a challenge for the wife and I. He always went to the games with us and to say he's missed is an understatement.

He had a shine for watches and shaving supplies, with a plethora of both. I'll usually shave with one of his many soaps on game days, as an odd way of having him there with me. Recently I've thought of not doing that, so he can avaoid the misery of the losses:laugh:, but today I found a very appropriate soap amongst his supplies called "Shipwreck Cove Shavn' Soap."

This games for the young man that became my best friend on this earth and for far too many others that went through, or are going through the hell that he did. God bless all of you that are still fighting as well as those who no longer fight.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sounds like Raanta is a go but they aren't being super definitive about it either.

Don’t know why they’d keep him out. He looked fine even late in the game unless something tightened up the next day.

But we are the Coyotes so goalie issues are the S.O.B. around here. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad