Post-Game Talk: Game 15 - Colorado 3 BRUINS 2 - Yet another stinker at TD Garden

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kevan Miller should not be playing over pretty much anyone. Right handed Matt Irwin at the moment.

I used to be a Miller supporter but I've seen enough of him. He's a 3rd pairing guy on his best day, which isn't often lately. Can't believe I advocated to let McQuaid walk thinking Miller could take his place equally. Miller is good for one mistake per game at least that leads to a goal against.

That being said this loss is on the entire team save for probably Rask (who I don't believe had much of a chance on any of the three goals). Piss-poor effort from about the time they scored the PP goal until the clock struck zero. Shameful.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Where is the toughness?

Outside of Randell defending Seids, there has been nothing, all season.

Marchand gets borderline Savard-ed and he has to get up, dust off, and punch the guy in the face himself.

Disgusting.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I used to be a Miller supporter but I've seen enough of him. He's a 3rd pairing guy on his best day, which isn't often lately. Can't believe I advocated to let McQuaid walk thinking Miller could take his place equally. Miller is good for one mistake per game at least that leads to a goal against.

That being said this loss is on the entire team save for probably Rask (who I don't believe had much of a chance on any of the three goals). Piss-poor effort from about the time they scored the PP goal until the clock struck zero. Shameful.

I was also in the Miller over McQuaid camp to start the year, now it's not even close. I shudder to think if we didn't have McQuaid, who in his own right is a 5/6

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Not sure what else K.Miller has to do to show he can't handle that kind of ice time. His confidence has to be completely shot at this point. Adjusting those minutes properly would be a good starting point, if not sitting him all together for a while.

I don't know how they got all those shots off because it felt like they spent 5 minutes in the offensive zone tonight. Some seriously ugly hockey tonight.

Tough to see them saving their worst performances for the home games.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
You think Claude's on his way out if this keeps up?

Or if internally they admit this is a rebuild he can only do so much with the players he has

Ita always possible.
But frankly if they do that, with this talent, we will relive the Kasper, Sullivan, Keenan, Lewis years.

The problem is whats on the bench, not whos behind it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Get used to it ladies and gents. Behold a reload. Regardless of their claims.

I can live with that if we don't ice a group like this, vets over rookies when vets are killing us and don't have a future in Boston.
What's the point of that in a re-tool year?Nothing.

I really really really hope Sweeney understands this team is not going to be a contender and won't trade our best picks away.

Kevan Miller just makes me hate these games, mistake after mistake, bad game after bad game and he won't miss a shift.
LD is a lot lot better than our RD trio so let's sit LD guy and not one of RD guys, sounds great.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Does DK have any value for what he's getting paid ? He blows ... Package him and Rask to the Oilers for Hall and lets move on from this train wreck.

Go full rebuild and do it right. I fear we will be a 500 team forever if we don't just blow it up. Our best players are just not good enough to make a difference against teams with skilled players.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I could have sworn this was last years team the way they moved the puck tonight. Around the wall, tape to skate pass, chip into defenders feet. If they got the puck deep, line change time. Gotta coach that out of them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1-5-1

Only Columbus is worse at home.

And Buffalo is beating Florida right now, they are going to finish ahead of us :help:

This home thing can really kill us now.

Kevan Miller played the most of our RD's again, please change that.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I wonder what Sweeney is up to, he is definitely not Chia, who would evaluate this squad til the deadline, but at the same time I wonder if Sweeney is thinking for more of a 'future' move, instead of trying to rescue this team as is, he will realise it needs some drastic help and not a bandaid, and plan accordingly. Hold onto those damn picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad