GDT: Game 14: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 11/8 7PM EST

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Does Todd make it thru this season ? Heir appear ant is standing beside him tonight

He'll probably make it through November, but after that... JK/JD seem to like him and they'll want to see what he looks like with a healthy lineup.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Any team missing 8 regulars is going to suck. Nothing to be done about it. FFS it isn't Jarmo or JD's or HCTR's fault. Its the effing injuries. Get over it. :rant:

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
I'm not sure what they expected to happen.

And shame on Jody especially. He's sat through plenty of these nights in his playing career. He should know what to expect.

He is not playing with any spark. Maybe they are looking for something to light a fire under his ass.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I really think some of you guys are being too hard on Richards and Jarmo. The injury problems are obviously a huge reason the team is in the position they are in. The other is that without Dubinsky, it feels like there is no leader out there. Johansen may very well be our most talented player, but we all know he's no leader. I know I've heard people call Jenner a future captain but he's still young, just coming back from injury, and hasn't stepped up to that type of role yet.

It's one thing to blame the injuries and say we don't have enough talent out on the ice, it's a whole other issue when the players on the ice look like they're not even giving 100%. That comes from a lack of leadership more than anything else.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
They interviewed Johansen after the final TV timeout. He sounded as defeated as you'd expect. Jody and Jeff took this time for a bit of a lecture about "answering the questions"

It wasn't that bad. They commented on how defeated he sounded and said "well he's a pro, he knows you still gotta answer those questions" They weren't being hard on him.

2minpenalty

Mar 29, 2011
This situation is providing management with a solid look at what they have or have not. All players are being exposed because they can't hide and their true "talents" are being seen. What I'm seeing is a defence that is too slow, forwards who aren't ready or don't have the skill and no quality backup goalie. Once we are healthy, Jarmo should know who needs to go and what holes he needs to fill.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
This situation is providing management with a solid look at what they have or have not. All players are being exposed because they can't hide and their true "talents" are being seen. What I'm seeing is a defence that is too slow, forwards who aren't ready or don't have the skill and no quality backup goalie. Once we are healthy, Jarmo should know who needs to go and what holes he needs to fill.

Jarmo is lost.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
can someone explain the interview thing I missed it

They asked Johansen a few questions about how the game was going and he sounded defeated and pessimistic. Jody said something along the lines of "you can hear how defeated he is in his tone" and Rimmer said "yeah but he's still gotta answer those questions" to which Jody said, "yeah, that's part of being a pro, still gotta answer 'em"

I really don't think they were being that hard on him, just commenting on his tone in the interview. Everyone here is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Anyone else get annoyed with how positive Jody is all the time? I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but late in the period he was saying the Jackets were starting to play pretty well ( I think we all know that's a damn lie ).
He needs to be real. The Jackets have been terrible. I can understand trying to be positive/optimistic and all that, but I mean come on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad