Post-Game Talk: GAME 13 - You can't win if you don't score - Nashville 1 BRUINS 0 F

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Have to give some props to the Bs D tonight. Even though Halak was simply off the charts great, I thought that Lauzon and especially Carlo were excellent. Carlo was making life rough for Preds trying to camp out near the crease all night long. He played one hell of a game in his own zone. Offensively the team stunk by and large, but Heinen made a lot of very good passes to set people up, yet again. He has become quite the passer. With some players who can finish this team can beat teams like the Preds when they get great goaltending like tonight. The compete level was there, just no finish. Becoming a familiar theme against better competition.
I agree

Reactions: FanSince72

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
IF THE STICK DID NOT HIT, YOU MUST ACQUIT.

hqdefault.jpg

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If it’s the same poll I’ve seen, Jack didn’t even get the most last-place votes, Steigerwald did (and rightly so, although Mike Haynes is close). There are easily 10 teams’ PBP guys who are objectively worse than Jack. He gets a lot of **** because when he’s bad, he’s horri-****ing-ble, and that’s what people see (on Youtube).

When other teams’ fans are ”forced to watch the NESN feed”, their responses are usually positive or at least neutral to Jack.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Man oh man, this team is in such desperate need of secondary scoring. The last game I saw in its entirety was the Habs game last week. I'd like to cheer 1 stinking goal sometime soon.

I really want to be mad at the refs tonight, and I am, but it didn't matter. PP couldn't cash in, no scoring depth, and Marchy sitting for most of the 2nd really hurt.

Just a little sidenote on the whole Marchand thing. I have a problem with the obvious non-high-stick that he was called for. I have no problem with the extra 2 he got for that embarrassing attempt to call out the embellishment, and I have a HUGE problem with the 10 minutes that was given at the end of the period. The ref needs to give a bit of a leash there.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
They had chances but not enough jam in front of the net, The Preds are good as is Rinne. Halak showing why he is one of the best if not the best goalie in the league yet again. He is only 2 yrs older then Rask. People make it sound like he is so much older and we have Chara, lol. Stat wise over the careers the numbers are amazingly close. Considering where Halak has played vs Rask, with one very good team throughout his whole career.

Feb 25, 2016
Bruins had no big body in front of the net. Played to much around the perimeter.
To many names to blame.
Backes and Krejci are really done as impact player and I don’t know how this teams going to right themselves with these two guys and their salary hit.
Kids played ok but there’s no lightning in a bottle with them.
Top line did good but against those layers of top tier NHL defense pairs it’s going to be tough and it was.
Halak gets my top star of the night and Krug the boot for letting Josi skate right passed him and his overall poor play.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Really? Your ok with this effort tonight.
I thought it was a good effort. The Preds are a well-0iled machine with a great defense and 4 solid lines. Only losing 1-0 on a night when the refs were handing PP minutes out like Halloween candy is not shameful. The Bs had a lack of scoring clearly, but I don't think it was due to lack of effort. They just don't have enough players who are good finishers. The Bs PK alone was insanely good and the boys worked their buts off to kill the Preds PPs.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Man oh man, this team is in such desperate need of secondary scoring. The last game I saw in its entirety was the Habs game last week. I'd like to cheer 1 stinking goal sometime soon.

I really want to be mad at the refs tonight, and I am, but it didn't matter. PP couldn't cash in, no scoring depth, and Marchy sitting for most of the 2nd really hurt.

Just a little sidenote on the whole Marchand thing. I have a problem with the obvious non-high-stick that he was called for. I have no problem with the extra 2 he got for that embarrassing attempt to call out the embellishment, and I have a HUGE problem with the 10 minutes that was given at the end of the period. The ref needs to give a bit of a leash there.
ONe thing you can’t do is embarrass the refs.

Reactions: BMC

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
I thought it was a good effort. The Preds are a well-0iled machine with a great defense and 4 solid lines. Only losing 1-0 on a night when the refs were handing PP minutes out like Halloween candy is not shameful. The Bs had a lack of scoring clearly, but I don't think it was due to lack of effort. They just don't have enough players who are good finishers. The Bs PK alone was insanely good and the boys worked their buts off to kill the Preds PPs.
I see to many passengers outside of the first line. No one heading to dirty areas. Rinne has a easy shut out.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Powerplay was miserable tonight. Way too much dropping it back to the point for low percentage shots rather than cycling it down low/ setting up cross ice passes like they were doing in previous games.

Reactions: Strafer

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
When the Bruins were down 1-2 goals last season, I was still confident they would be able to get back into the game and even win. This year, not so much. Bad time for Heinen, DeBrusk, and Bjork, three forwards in the middle 6, to be having their sophomore slump.
If we were really expecting big things from those 3 guys, no wonder we are struggling. This is a one line team. And if they make he playoffs all the other team needs to do is shut down the Bergeron line. It’s pretty simple and good teams can shut down a top line. Krejci is brutal now and we have no dangerous wingers besides our first line. I can’t imagine any trade even helping enough. The team needs minimum 2 too 6 forwards. Krejci is a 3rd line centre now.

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I see to many passengers outside of the first line. No one heading to dirty areas. Rinne has a easy shut out.
I'm starting to wonder if that is a coaching/strategy issue rather than a player issue. These guys aren't lazy and really hustle hard. It drives me nuts how the Bs play so much of a perimeter game in the offensive zone. At a time where they need secondary scoring so bad it would seem like the coaches would be setting up more plays to park some butts in front of the net and get some dirty goals.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad