GDT: Game 13: Jets @ Avalanche | Friday, November 11th, 7MT | Battle of the Finns

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bednar confirms it's a head injury for Duchene. Hopefully he's not out long.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Pickard should be handing out gifts to little kids while rocking that mustache. Might get himself in some trouble.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Congrats! Now you just need to get that baby signed.

Would have looked great on the wall in my basement/man cave!

There was a mate on the official boards I struck up a friendship with, and get this, just after my old man & brother died 3 weeks apart, I receive a signed Adam Deadmarsh Puck, and a signed Kevin Shattenkirk puck !!

Got my address from a mod over there obviously who I'd been liasing with to fulfil my worm bet over Kevin Porter :(

What a dead set legend though.

That, my friend is in my man cave. Along with my Roy Mcfarlane and 5 jerseys (3 of which are Stastny jerseys)
15032804_10209721659212297_1721522600703394113_n.jpg

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Bednar confirms it's a head injury for Duchene. Hopefully he's not out long.

And there wasn't even a penalty on the play. Seemed like he was making sure the officials knew right before one of the commercial breaks.

It was pretty obvious. Regardless I thought the Avs played a decent game through what was one of if not the most unbalanced officiated games ever. Tons of soft calls, and not a lot going both ways. Glad the got the W after that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Glad we won it...thanks Ehlers!

An open message to TIM ARMY:

For the love of all that is holy: if the man carrying the puck UP the ice on the PP has to turn around and deke an opposing player behind him in order to get the puck back to another player coming with speed, your plan is stupid and too predictable. :rant:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

For the love of all that is holy: if the man carrying the puck UP the ice on the PP has to turn around and deke an opposing player behind him in order to get the puck back to another player coming with speed, your plan is stupid and too predictable. :rant:

We thank thank Babcock for that power play move, and so so many damn copy cats who screw it up.

At least the guy picking it up is MacKinnon, and hes got enough speed to actually make it work with the opposing team bunched up at their blue line.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There was a mate on the official boards I struck up a friendship with, and get this, just after my old man & brother died 3 weeks apart, I receive a signed Adam Deadmarsh Puck, and a signed Kevin Shattenkirk puck !!

Got my address from a mod over there obviously who I'd been liasing with to fulfil my worm bet over Kevin Porter :(

What a dead set legend though.

That, my friend is in my man cave. Along with my Roy Mcfarlane and 5 jerseys (3 of which are Stastny jerseys)
15032804_10209721659212297_1721522600703394113_n.jpg

I used to have over 2,000$ in McFarlane figures. Some really rare Roy ones, with Forsberg and Sakics, and a lot of other NHL players. One of the Roy ones I had was worth almost 200$ by itself. The wife sold them all off before the divorce was finalized.

Honestly, if I had to do it over again. The ones that don't have huge value, I would just open and put into a nice case. Those old plastic cases just get so discolored, it sucks.

These days, what I've got left are my ticket stubs from Sakic's retirement night along with a puck from that night as well. Then about six 1996 Starter jersey's, and a Signed Hejduk jersey from 2001+ (not sure which year exactly) that is also game worn, a signed Ray Bourque jersey from 2001, and a NHL 100 year anniversary Mario Lemieux jersey with the patch.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It was an okay game, still kind of sad that Avs had to win in OT on a hilarious own goal from a team who is coming off back to back and three games in four nights. I still do not consider this good enough, but a win is a win.

Zadorov was the best defender tonight. Soderberg and Barrie are still pretty much pathetic, gave the Jets such an easy goal to head back into the game.

Too many PKs and MacKinnon has to be the worst player on this club in terms of using his teammates effectively. Very dumb and one-dimensional player when he has the puck on his stick.

Story at the end of the day is that Avs never make anything easy, if Jets played like today against Caps, this is a very easy 5-1 or 4-2 game.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

God I want us to clean house on assistants.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It was an okay game, still kind of sad that Avs had to win in OT on a hilarious own goal from a team who is coming off back to back and three games in four nights. I still do not consider this good enough, but a win is a win.

Zadorov was the best defender tonight. Soderberg and Barrie are still pretty much pathetic, gave the Jets such an easy goal to head back into the game.

Too many PKs and MacKinnon has to be the worst player on this club in terms of using his teammates effectively. Very dumb and one-dimensional player when he has the puck on his stick.

Story at the end of the day is that Avs never make anything easy, if Jets played like today against Caps, this is a very easy 5-1 or 4-2 game.

We need to just give up on Mack being some kind of dynamic player. Hopefully he snaps out of the stupid a bit here soon, and gets to scoring at a good pace on the wing.

He'll be a strong player there, but he isn't going to be the franchise #1 center we all hoped for IMO.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So happy Mikko finally got his first.

Was out at a house party and literally screamed when I saw he got the goal lol.

Didn't watch the game, but the fancy stats certainly look good in the Avs favor. At this point that's becoming the thing I care about the most with this team.

As long as we're winning the puck possession game and getting more quality shots, I dont care about the results. They'll fix themselves over time.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Positives for me :

- FINALLY - the Iginla demotion happened and it couldn't come soon enough

- Beauchemin looks a ton better than he did 4-5 games ago, still not as good as he can be but much better, imo

- Grigorenko looks really good at center, really happy with his play. I think 3rd line C is the perfect spot for him right now to get some confidence in his game.

- For all the crap Varly got this past little while, he sure saved the game in OT on that Wheeler breakaway - good bounce back for him

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Positives for me :

- FINALLY - the Iginla demotion happened and it couldn't come soon enough

- Beauchemin looks a ton better than he did 4-5 games ago, still not as good as he can be but much better, imo

- Grigorenko looks really good at center, really happy with his play. I think 3rd line C is the perfect spot for him right now to get some confidence in his game.

- For all the crap Varly got this past little while, he sure saved the game in OT on that Wheeler breakaway - good bounce back for him

Iginla was actually movinghis feet tonight. Varly was tremendous tonight made some amzing ssaves.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Great game, terrible officiating, lucky OT winner.

But I have a hell of a bone to pick with MacKinnon on that late line change in OT. What in the hell was he still doing out on the ice? 50 seconds into OT, knows that you can't get caught late in a shift 3 on 3, sees his two linemates change, passes to a rushing defenseman for a scoring chance. All he has to do is take two steps to his right and change, yet for some reason he circles left back into the play and just hangs out by the boards leaving Wheeler wide open????

He had a couple good chances in OT, then decided to stay on the ice after passing to EJ hoping that he could be part of a scoring chance, but when he saw the puck get turned over, then he decided to change. That kind of stupid decision making is why they're losing games. Fortunately for him Varly saved his ass on the breakaway he gave up.

You can see him at the top of the screen finally going for a line change while Wheeler has a blue line in breakaway. He should have changed like ten seconds prior, and his replacement would have been in the middle of the ice to prevent that breakaway.

I hate to bring this up in a winning game, and the team played very well for the most part, but it's just driving me crazy that he did this. Bednar needs to get in his ear and let him know this kind of selfish play isn't acceptable. This is 100% emblematic of the mindset that is keeping them from becoming a playoff team.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Could you post full stats?

I'm well aware that Mikko dominates the possession game (not taking a shot at you, genuinely curious) but I'd like to see the rest of the team.

FTR, Mikko and Z will most likely be this teams best players very soon.

The site to go to for the game by game breakdown is hockeystats.ca. The Avs slaughtered the Jets in terms of corsi tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad