Post-Game Talk: Game #13| Feb. 11, 2013|Flyers at Maple Leafs |(Continuation of GDT)

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Thankfully I was at work and missed the game. From what I saw on Twitter it sounded like this wasn't Bryz's fault. Sounds like the whole team just played like a mound of turds. Heard McGinn got hurt, good to hear he came back.

I'm upset that we lost but I'm not too angry considering we won 3 or our last 4 and got points in all the games. Hopefully the team can forget this disaster and move on to the next game.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I said t when we traded him that it was a mistake and he would score 25 goals this year and that Luke Schenn was going to be a 23 year old Lilja. I think that's going to happen unfortunately and I don't buy the notion that JVR wasn't going to come around here. That's some sour-grapes ******** people are saying. He struggled here because of injuries. That may continue in Toronto but if it doesn't....we lost that trade.

Also, did the cosmonaut look like he came back down to earth this game, (the save percentage looked rough obviously), or were these unstoppable type shots? I didn't get a chance to watch the game.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
I said t when we traded him that it was a mistake and he would score 25 goals this year and that Luke Schenn was going to be a 23 year old Lilja. I think that's going to happen unfortunately and I don't buy the notion that JVR wasn't going to come around here. That's some sour-grapes ******** people are saying. He struggled here because of injuries. That may continue in Toronto but if it doesn't....we lost that trade.

Also, did the cosmonaut look like he came back down to earth this game, (the save percentage looked rough obviously), or were these unstoppable type shots? I didn't get a chance to watch the game.

Luke has been great.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

He didn't have much help, but the rebound on the second goal was putrid. I also thought he should have saved the third goal, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I'd be for it if it weren't a short season and if Couts wasn't (supposedly) sent home with the flu. Maybe a demotion to a lower line, and take him off the #1 PP.

He has 7 points in twelve games. If this is as bad as his slumps get that's okay with me. He's still competing hard and he's done enough to earn a longer leash. Relax buds.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Awful game. Bryz was horrifying. Orr scored, give me a break.

Giroux is starting to remind me of Pelle Eklund. The only difference was Eklund was elite for years before dropping off, and Giroux was good for five minutes. Not good he needs to do better.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't understand why B Schenn ended up with just over 16 min of ice time, less then Giroux, Simmonds, Briere, Read, Voracek and Talbot. I really don't get Lavy sometimes

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

I have to disagree. Schenn has been one of our better defenders this season. I didn't watch the game either but even if he had a bad game, it's just 1 bad game. Everyone has those.

Last edited:

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Schenn's been very good, and no, Bryz was certainly not to blame for this one. Though I agree that JvR would have eventually come around.

He has 7 points in twelve games. If this is as bad as his slumps get that's okay with me. He's still competing hard and he's done enough to earn a longer leash. Relax buds.

Like you said, you didn't watch the game :laugh: This entire team needs a spur in the ass, and the best way to do it is with your best player or captain...and that's the same player on this team. Put Briere at 1C with Simmonds and Voracek, and Giroux at 3C with Read and McGinn.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
ugh!

plate-fail-break.jpg

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

You're failing to recognize the team's needs though. If the offense (Giroux in particular), would play up to par, we wouldn't need JVR. We did need help on defense, so we dealt a position of strength for a weakness. Could we have gotten more for JVR? That's debatable, but it wouldn't have been anything more than a mid round pick. We could have kept JVR, but we would be the same team from last year, scoring more and playing horrendous defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad