GDT: Game 13: Coyotes @ Avalanche | 2-11-13 | 7PM | FSN Arizona

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Ill drink to that, I've already decided if the Coyotes leave, the Avs will be my team, since their relatively close to Phoenix, plus I like their history and their current roster. 'Sides the California teams and Dallas have p***** me off way too much over the years to ever root for them.

Yeah, plus according to some, just like we "stole" a team from Canada, they "stole" their team from Canada! So we got that in common... :laugh:

knowsthegame

Mar 18, 2008
Tale of 2 NHL cities
I agree with RT's post. Vermette is becoming useless in all zones. He is soft on the puck, can't take a pass, slow to make a pass and looks like a borderline NHL'er. Doan has been no flaming wonder, but Chipchura at least finds Doan when on the ice together.
Chipchura is earning his way up from the 4th line, while Vermette is working his way down to the 4th line which is where he ended up in Columbus when he was traded here.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Didn't Vermette win 13 of 16 draws last night. He isn't a #1 center, but he is being asked to play like a #1 center. That is the only problem I have with the guy.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Didn't Vermette win 13 of 16 draws last night. He isn't a #1 center, but he is being asked to play like a #1 center. That is the only problem I have with the guy.

He's not a #2 center, either. I guess he's a very expensive, soft center on a checking line.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
RE Vermette:

I think it's primarily being overworked combined with a regression to his normal level of play.

Now it appears we are seeing the team most people thought ( and feared) we would see. Still a tight system team but the scoring punch just isn't there. We've plummeted from 6 in the league in Goals per game to 18th and dropping fast.

Agree with everything you said, except Vermette. Sure he hasn't done much offensively, but I think he's been our best defensive forward. Even better than Hanzal.

I think Tippett benched Sullivan for his unsportsmanlike penalty.

Something seems different about you, can't quite place it :sarcasm:

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
New Coyotes writer? I've got to find a way to get paid for rants...

Yah, I'll be covering Coyotes prospects. I write for a couple websites already and I'm in school for journalism, but I feel like this could be a big step for me. I'm excited.

Sorry to derail the thread haha

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
RE Vermette:

I think it's primarily being overworked combined with a regression to his normal level of play.

Now it appears we are seeing the team most people thought ( and feared) we would see. Still a tight system team but the scoring punch just isn't there. We've plummeted from 6 in the league in Goals per game to 18th and dropping fast.
:

Playing defensively responsible makes it much more difficult to produce offensively.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Playing defensively responsible makes it much more difficult to produce offensively.

Yes and no. You are going to have fewer chances, but one thing that this team has applied since 2010 is that good defense will lead to chances that increase in our favor as the game goes on. A lot of odd-man breaks have resulted in the goals that we need to extend/finish games.

Vermette has been tired - Hanzal has been out, Chip has been in the box, and Bolduc nor Miele has been that answer to help out (although I did like Bolduc's game and thought that he needed a little more ice time). Gordon has been our best C over the entire season, with Vermette's start cooling a little and Hanzal out for some nagging things. I still don't think he has found really compatable linemates quite yet, either, with Sullivan having been out for enough little things that we have had to roll so many different combos early.

Still not sure exactly where we are at, but there is a feeling that a little run may happen here in the next 7 games or so. Really favorable schedule, IMO

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
That was a tongue-in-cheek remark while being bitter about the ownership situation. So how many and which teams from the WHL that merged are still playing in their respective cities?

I was being tongue-in-cheek too because people always forget that the Flames used to be the Atlanta Flames. I looked and it's only the Oilers that remain where they started heh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad