GDT: Game 12 - Winnipeg Jets @ St. Louis Blues - Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97 - Time to Stop Monkeying Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Basho_Horohoroto.jpg

On a Blued sheet

Some Binnington wants to show

Nino will stop him.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Please win.
Please score more goals than the other team.
Please look competent in doing so.
Please wake our first line's scoring up.
Please keep our 3rd line dominant.
Please transform one of our D into a #2 (Morrissey could use some help carrying the position).

I'm asking a lot but I did say please.
giphy.gif
Lol I'm happy if they score one more goal than the other team or just play well. Super happy if both happen

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Blues looked like crap against us a couple weeks ago but are somehow keeping pace with us. Feel like this may be a get right game for the top line with a few goals.

Must win game, fighting for a PO spot.

View attachment 764398While I'll be an Agar's Uncle :sarcasm:

I wonder ........ just how human might a chimp look if the excess hair could be photoshopped out?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not particular to this thread but ...
I was just looking at stats on the NHL site.
Helle is 40th in sv% among goalies with at least 4 games.
Appleton and several other Jets are in a multi way tie for 93rd in league scoring.
We don't have a single rookie so we can't even come last. :laugh:
Morrissey is in a tie for 20th in D scoring.

Two of those tied at 93 in scoring are on the 3rd line. The other member of that line is just 1 pt back. I think it is pretty good for any 1 member of a 3rd line to rank that high. It is kind of special when all 3 are there. OTOH, we are in trouble if the 3rd line continues to be our most successful line offensively. :laugh:

The silver lining in all of those poor showings is that the success we have had so far must be largely a team effort, which is actually a good thing.

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Appleton and several other Jets are in a multi way tie for 93rd in league scoring.

Two of those tied at 93 in scoring are on the 3rd line. The other member of that line is just 1 pt back. I think it is pretty good for any 1 member of a 3rd line to rank that high. It is kind of special when all 3 are there. OTOH, we are in trouble if the 3rd line continues to be our most successful line offensively. :laugh:

The silver lining in all of those poor showings is that the success we have had so far must be largely a team effort, which is actually a good thing.
Why seek out various stats to paint a negative picture?

Does Helle's save percentage determine our playoff status? If we sit at 90th or 95 in scoring, will that impact where we are in relation to other teams?

Why not focus on things that matter and paint a positive picture? We are 3rd in our division and ahead of 9 other teams in our conference!

(And I brushed the snow off my car tonight without hitting myself in the face again with the brush!)

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

This Jets team doesn't have as much top-end talent as some of the past Jets teams. We are going to be more like the Seattle Kraken from last season where there is only 1 or 2 guys that rank highly in the league (probably Helle when he hopefully recovers his form and one or both of Connor/Scheifele) but the team gets it done very much by committee like the Kraken did.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Also for extra stakes, I'm currently at two strikes on Survivor Pool 1 and having gotten cold feet from First Line Wheeler, I've moved my pick to the Jets. Seeing all this primate banter has convinced me that this was the evolved choice :)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Does Helle's save percentage determine our playoff status? If we sit at 90th or 95 in scoring, will that impact where we are in relation to other teams?

Why not focus on things that matter and paint a positive picture? We are 3rd in our division and ahead of 9 other teams in our conference!

(And I brushed the snow off my car tonight without hitting myself in the face again with the brush!)

I read that more as a "room for improvement". I'd say our record is good under the circumstances.

And importantly, the team seems to be holding it together. Edmonton is in total meltdown. Toronto just got off the ledge they were about to leap from when down 4-1 to TB. Ottawa and their fans have turned on each other. And the HF Survivor 2 pool posting literally ends with a caveat of "remember: San Jose has to win a game sometime".

When Hellebuyck returns closer to his proper form, as will surely happen to some degree, that will translate directly into points.

I like where we're at so far. It's a marathon, not a sprint, as they say.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I didn't paint the picture. I'm just describing it.
I closed with the silver lining. That encompasses all of the positives because we are in 3rd place in the Div, etc. in spite of those very poor individual numbers.

And :laugh: glad you didn't hit yourself in the face again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad