GDT: Game 10: Wild @ Avalanche | November 5th | 1:00 PM MT | Johnny Malkin's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
minnesota-wild.png
244px-Colorado_Avalanche_logo.svg.png

-------------------------------------------------​

Grigorenko-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Duchene-Iginla
Bourque-Soderberg-Comeau
Martinsen-Mitchell (?)- Colborne

Zadorov-Johnson
Wiercioch-Barrie
Beauchemin-Tyutin

Varlamov

----------------------------------------------------​

20150315__John-Mitchellp1.jpg

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
Is Varlamov really starting? If so then that is just a dumb decision on all levels. Varlamov's numbers this season have been awful and he has already had a couple of stinkers. Additionally, Varly did not have a impressive seasons last year either.

Even if Pickard starts, I just don't get the Avs. Pickard has had the better numbers in the NHL than Varlamov every single season he has played. Not to mention that the expansion draft is looming in the horizon and one or the other most likely has to go. Right now its impossible to know whether Pickard could replace Varlamov or even outplay him because the Avs are not letting him play enough. Lets assume that if Pickard would get more starts and outplayed Varlamov then it would seem kinda dumb to stick with the worse, older and significantly more expensive goaltender. But this does not even matter because the Avs are not even allowing the possibility for this to happen.

I would have said prior to the season that they would evenly split all games. Only if either of them would clearly outplay the other would I make him the clear starter.

And get Iginla out of the top 6!!!!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
A defensive-minded team that has our number, and a struggling offense... Landy's promise aside, I smell another shutout, home ice be damned. Just a gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong though, it would be so satisfying to beat the Mild six ways to sundown.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
A defensive-minded team that has our number, and a struggling offense... Landy's promise aside, I smell another shutout, home ice be damned. Just a gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong though, it would be so satisfying to beat the Mild six ways to sundown.

Rantanen will get his first point tonight ! :yo:
Here's hoping for a Wild thrashing !

Avs 8
Wild 1

would do my quite nicely thank you.

Rantanen 4 point night (hatrick)
Mackinnon 2 goals
Duchene 2 goals
Zadorov boomer from the blue line

Oh...and Varly gets an assist (or Pickard)

Asking too much?

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Is Varlamov really starting? If so then that is just a dumb decision on all levels. Varlamov's numbers this season have been awful and he has already had a couple of stinkers. Additionally, Varly did not have a impressive seasons last year either.

Even if Pickard starts, I just don't get the Avs. Pickard has had the better numbers in the NHL than Varlamov every single season he has played. Not to mention that the expansion draft is looming in the horizon and one or the other most likely has to go. Right now its impossible to know whether Pickard could replace Varlamov or even outplay him because the Avs are not letting him play enough. Lets assume that if Pickard would get more starts and outplayed Varlamov then it would seem kinda dumb to stick with the worse, older and significantly more expensive goaltender. But this does not even matter because the Avs are not even allowing the possibility for this to happen.

I would have said prior to the season that they would evenly split all games. Only if either of them would clearly outplay the other would I make him the clear starter.

And get Iginla out of the top 6!!!!
we play st louis tomorrow, pickard's starting there

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So they have an early game the one time I have concrete plans on the weekend for 2 months.
Cannot skip it. Awesome.
Will watch the 1st.

Need a win here badly.

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
For once I'm able to watch Avs game and drink at the same time and then head to nightlife! Usually it's after clubbing and drunk af so I maybe understand first ten minutes and rest is just sleeping :D

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
6am for me - thanks mate. Too early for a beer?

Of course not. :)

I'm open to seeing how the team does today, but I'm going to begin barking (again) about playing the best 3 guys together on the same line.

Landeskog-Duchene-MacKinnon, with Duchene at center.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Of course not. :)

I'm open to seeing how the team does today, but I'm going to begin barking (again) about playing the best 3 guys together on the same line.

Landeskog-Duchene-MacKinnon, with Duchene at center.

Is that something you want to see? I have always thought Duchene and Mack had the chemistry of two card board boxes. I'd much rather see Rants and I guess Grigs with one of those dudes.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Coming with my white flag held high (for the next 55 minutes, that is).

How's Grigs playing this year (regardless of stats)?

I always had high hopes for him from his draft year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

Excellent passer. Looks great on the power play. The rest of his game lacks in pretty much all departments. He's a stopgap for Colorado as a top-6 player until they put together a better team (hopefully one day).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Can still be inconsistent but he's a legit top 6 player for us, great playmaker and hockey iq. He's getting there. He's great defensively, a very underrated part of his game.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011

I'm not too sure what to think of grigs. He's a very intelligent two way player but I haven't been super impressed with him so far this year. That being said, a lot of the team has looked off.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think we see more of the same. Maybe with goals... but its the Wild, and these are the same Avs. Still gonna get an L.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If they can't produce anything in the first half of the game, I'm hoping for a mix up of the Top-6.

I'm hoping Rantanen can get something tonight, my heart can't handle his drought anymore. He's so damn close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad