GDT: Game #10: Oilers @ Blue Jackets: 5 PM - SN West

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Columbus at nationwide and Minnesota at xcel centre are kryptonite for this team. Well Minnesota in general really.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
That CBJ lineup looks awfully weak, we should blow them out and I’m thinking we will. We better.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Over the last few years we've typically found a way to play the dumbest, sloppiest games possible against the Blue Jackets.

I anticipate a similar game to last night.th

That CBJ lineup looks awfully weak, we should blow them out and I’m thinking we will. We better.
Wow it's comments like these that make me think you're new to hockey. Oilers always play bad in Columbus and haven't won in 5 years there. When will you people ever learn that it doesn't matter what you have on paper lol promise that Columbus outworks us and that means Columbus has a very good chance of winning. Blowout?? Lol lol yea maybe Columbus blows us out if we don't play a great focused game. You need to respect other teams because any team can beat oilers on any given night. But I forgive you for your comments since you must be new to the country or to the game of hockey 😁

Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Wow it's comments like these that make me think you're new to hockey. Oilers always play bad in Columbus and haven't won in 5 years there. When will you people ever learn that it doesn't matter what you have on paper lol promise that Columbus outworks us and that means Columbus has a very good chance of winning. Blowout?? Lol lol yea maybe Columbus blows us out if we don't play a great focused game. You need to respect other teams because any team can beat oilers on any given night. But I forgive you for your comments since you must be new to the country or to the game of hockey 😁
Yes because what a fan thinks on a forum directly impacts the level of play of both teams on the ice and will certainly be bulletin board material for the teams.

It's a fact.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
This team needs to re-establish their swagger, a little cockiness can help with that.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
This team needs to re-establish their swagger, a little cockiness can help with that.
Lol it's their cockiness and work ethic thar puts them into these slow starts
They need respect every team and work on details of their game. This is not the 1980 oilers where they had a right to be cocky . Oilers have no business being cocky about anything. They can be confident in their ability along with work ethic.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Under the weather is a bit of a vague statement but that being said no excuses for the Oilers tonite.

Usually whenever something happens to the opposition that indicates they should be tired or less engaged (sick, last game of road trip, second of back to back, etc) that should theoretically result in the Oilers blitzing a vulnerable team, it ends up being the Oilers that get tap danced on. Just look last night at the Red Wings who were on the second of a back to back AND in their 3rd in 4 nights, but they were the ones that put the boots to us early and could have won the game in that period alone had Pickard not stepped up.

It's to the point now where I basically set a clock to the Oilers looking pathetic whenever I hear things like this.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Usually whenever something happens to the opposition that indicates they should be tired or less engaged (sick, last game of road trip, second of back to back, etc) that should theoretically result in the Oilers blitzing a vulnerable team, it ends up being the Oilers that get tap danced on. Just look last night at the Red Wings who were on the second of a back to back AND in their 3rd in 4 nights, but they were the ones that put the boots to us early and could have won the game in that period alone had Pickard not stepped up.

It's to the point now where I basically set a clock to the Oilers looking pathetic whenever I hear things like this.
Pickard did great but it's not like he stole the win. We are so used to bad goaltending that we think average goaltending is unsustainable. That's all Pickard was last night.

Although I do agree in that Pickard is an affordable back up and we shouldn't expect consistent performances like last night. I think he can do it though. He's been strong

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Score some goals, win the game. That's what the Oilers will do tonight. See you in 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad