GDT: Game 1: Wings @ preds 8:00 pm et (FSD)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not bad evening so far...

Bertuzzi (Larkin, Mantha)
Mantha (Bertuzzi)

AHL
Svechnikov (Smith, McIlrath)
Ford (Svechnikov, Terry) PP
Rasmussen (Elson) PP

Last edited:
Reactions: Larkin2AA

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Howard histrically starts seasons well and IIRC Bernier historically ends seasons well, boys, we're riding that 1st line and Jekyll and Hyde goaltending to the playoffs

E: not enough :sarcasm: in the world

I was thinking the exact same thing about Howard when I saw that save. He's a beats for like the first 41 games then gets injured or something like that and never returns to form

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not bad evening so far...

Bertuzzi (Larkin, Mantha)
Mantha (unassisted)

AHL
Svechnikov (Smith, McIlrath)
Ford (Svechnikov, Terry) PP
Rasmussen (Elson) PP

Bertuzzi really should have an assist on the Mantha goal, he spiked that puck across the rink away from Josi. He would easily have one with a home scorer, curious if that will be adjusted.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If AA is in we have 2 lines

When he is going, his line also gets throttled at times when he cannot get out and hit people in transition. We were escaping the zone a little better in that first period. We will see, I think Nashville stepped up their forecheck a little more towards the end and with the long change I am guessing they bring it harder. But if we can get out of the zone better AA is a guy that will massively benefit. Still I think Glendening is going to have to protect AA and Hirose for that line to really work.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If he's playing wing, we need a better 2C. If he's playing center, Flip better be on his wing to cover for him.

I don't think Flip or Nielsen have the speed or heaviness in their game to cover for him. I think it has to be Glendening which is going to be a huge debate, but I understand the reasoning., he also protects them as our best draw guy from defending a bunch.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I don't think Flip or Nielsen have the speed or heaviness in their game to cover for him. I think it has to be Glendening which is going to be a huge debate, but I understand the reasoning., he also protects them as our best draw guy from defending a bunch.

Honestly, I don't think there's a good answer currently on the roster. LGD is tenacious and fast enough, but he needs to be on a shutdown line. I think Flip is better suited to that job as it stands, though neither is ideal.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Larkin and Mantha are big time players. Larkin in particular has taken that step up, but Mantha looks like he is about to. They are front-line players on a lot of teams, not just ours because they have a ton of talent. Larkin is a legit #1C at this point and Anthony Mantha sure looks like a legit 1st line winger since last March. He has to keep it up, but Larkin takes another step he is a Superstar at this point and I am done doubting what he will do next. Guy has tremendous drive.

Yeah there's definitely still a good chance they'll keep just getting better. Have they reached that superstar (which is difficult to define what that actually means, admittedly) status yet? Not sure. They definitely don't get the respect they deserve though. Saw an NHL ranking of the top 20 centres in the league recently and Larkin wasn't on the list, which is ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad