Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah those are interesting to see. Get beat to the puck, get beat to the net, don't box-out, be weak on your check. Rinse, repeat.
Yeh but it’s right there - specific

Lack of (fill in the blank)

Yall need to relax, the bruins will be fine all the way up until the second rd of the PO. Too much panic for game 1 of the season.
Haha probably right

Reactions: Score08 and BTO

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Remember how that season started?

Thought when he was selected to be captain that this kind of thing would translate down the roster.

36 years old, well over 1,000 games played, multiple surgeries in the off season for the second year in a row. Long, tough career by a guy who has always tried to play bigger than his stature and never shirked playing physical. If he didn't have much left in the tank I wouldn't hold it against him.

Not saying he's clearly cooked - betting against Brad is a dangerous proposition - but I think it's more than fair to wonder just how much his body and mind have left to give. Hopefully it's enough and the offseason procedures etc have done their job, but not taking it for granted. Hard to lead by example and set the tone if your own body can't do it anymore.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It was a shitty first game.

I wish they actually did something to Bennett for his bullshit. I don’t even care about a fight, just a big, healthy run. Make him pay somehow… and they didn’t, despite being down 6-2.

On to the Habs. They shouldn’t need redbull to be awake for that one.

Reactions: PB37

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
36 years old, well over 1,000 games played, multiple surgeries in the off season for the second year in a row. Long, tough career by a guy who has always tried to play bigger than his stature and never shirked playing physical. If he didn't have much left in the tank I wouldn't hold it against him.

Not saying he's clearly cooked - betting against Brad is a dangerous proposition - but I think it's more than fair to wonder just how much his body and mind have left to give. Hopefully it's enough and the offseason procedures etc have done their job, but not taking it for granted. Hard to lead by example and set the tone if your own body can't do it anymore.
It's about the mentality I was hoping the team would have under his leadership- almost nothing to do with his own physical condition.

Maybe it will be a different story at home on Monday.

Reactions: LouJersey

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Nice!!
Screenshot_20241009-143326-314.png

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It's about the mentality I was hoping the team would have under his leadership- almost nothing to do with his own physical condition.

Maybe it will be a different story at home on Monday.

Disagree. The physical and the mental are inextricably linked. Very very tough to set a particular mentality and style for a team if you can't lead from the front and do it yourself and/or if you're simply burned out.

The will to impose your own brand or image on a team takes a lot of energy. It may be Marchy just doesn't have it in him anymore to do that. Again, hopefully he does. But it's not easy.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I wonder where his lies in the spectrum of backup goalie contracts?

Basically, right at the top. If you exclude the goalies who are essentially retired (Price, Lehner), and factor in retention (so only look at what teams are actually paying) $3M is the 29th highest goalie cap hit in the league.

EDIT: For transparency, next 11 highest paid goalies make between $2M and $2.75M.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Disagree. The physical and the mental are inextricably linked. Very very tough to set a particular mentality and style for a team if you can't lead from the front and do it yourself and/or if you're simply burned out.

The will to impose your own brand or image on a team takes a lot of energy. It may be Marchy just doesn't have it in him anymore to do that. Again, hopefully he does. But it's not easy.
Well if the whole roster is going to play like they are 36 years old, undersized and coming off of an injuries then we're in trouble.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017

I wish they actually did something to Bennett for his bullshit. I don’t even care about a fight, just a big, healthy run. Make him pay somehow… and they didn’t, despite being down 6-2.

The best pay back is to sign him

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Would have been a shame if someone "jumped" Bennett or Tkachuck like that last night huh?

Each to their own. Personally I miss that Brad and was hoping the team would embrace that identity over whatever the hell they are these days.
Not at all. They should have. And if they did and then one of them wanted to fight later and the Bruin turned them down I would say the same thing. Can’t be a hypocrite and expect Bennett to answer for a scum move and not Marchand

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Unless they're willing to face the suspension by simply jumping a puss like Tkahuk or Bennett what are they supposed to do. Freddy dropped his gloves Tkachuk had his purse strings tight. Zadorov and Kastelic went for Bennett his gloves were glued on. The NHL has changed it no longer rewards honor and taking matters into your own hands. It rewards the players who know how to instigate .
Jackeye didn’t get anything for jumping Pare

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Measuring stick 🏒.

They have a long way to go.

That's okay.

Rather the Bruins get punched in the face right away, unequivocally, undeniably by the 2024 Stanley Cup champions, the better to understand where they are, where they're not, and where they need to be.

Eventually.

"Don't fret none, 'tater."

Enjoy the ride,

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

McAvoy almost nailed him with an open ice hit that would have left train tracks over Bennett but he missed. I think it was on the PP in the 1st. Definately need to up the physicality - they've given that guy too many free passes to injure players.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Not at all. They should have. And if they did and then one of them wanted to fight later and the Bruin turned them down I would say the same thing. Can’t be a hypocrite and expect Bennett to answer for a scum move and not Marchand
Eller had it coming - nothing scummy there. Bennet does too. Maybe Monday.

Jackeye didn’t get anything for jumping Pare
Brady Tkachuck didn't get anything for jumping Xhekaj either

Reactions: LouJersey

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

To much load on the captain .... Rodrigues, Bennett and Tkachuk ain't following Barkov on the beating and agressivity. A team needs a leading group....
It's not Marchand job to drop them.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad