Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Has anyone seen the goal simulations on NHL.com? Its actually kind of interesting to see. This is a screengrab, but each goal shows how everyone was moving on the ice

View attachment 914022

This is pretty cool. Thank you. The 5th Florida goal shows hew terrible Lohrei played even in simulation format.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTO

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Yes, it's one game.

But it's the same. f***ing. Problems.

Year in and year out.
seems like a coaching problem. Hathaway came here after torturing us for years and wouldn't have been the toughest player on a girls converge team, then goes to Philly and plays like a Cap.
Barkov in that the NHL and media have a legitimate beloved player to hype and advertise instead of Tkachuk the coward. Yet it seems it is Tkachuk's face all over the media articles with the ridiculous mouth guard act instead.

If this team gets bullied by Montreal, win or lose, after the soft soft effort Tuesday it will be insulting but perhaps not very surprising.
We will get bullied by the Habs just like the Sens did in preseason, and we don't have anyone to stand up to WIFI so skip this game if you don't want to throw up in your mouth a bit.

Reactions: capecodder

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Has anyone seen the goal simulations on NHL.com? Its actually kind of interesting to see. This is a screengrab, but each goal shows how everyone was moving on the ice

View attachment 914022

Yeah those are interesting to see. Get beat to the puck, get beat to the net, don't box-out, be weak on your check. Rinse, repeat.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
seems like a coaching problem. Hathaway came here after torturing us for years and wouldn't have been the toughest player on a girls converge team, then goes to Philly and plays like a Cap.

We will get bullied by the Habs just like the Sens did in preseason, and we don't have anyone to stand up to WIFI so skip this game if you don't want to throw up in your mouth a bit.
How many here were all freaked out about WiFi last year when we played them and nothing happened?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
geekie cannot play in the top 6 if they are going to contend. guys a 3rd liner on any decent team.

Reactions: BTO

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It is NOT on the coach to motivate the players; it is on the players to motivate themselves.

What IS on the coach is the lack of pre-season playing time by the top players. They hardly played at all.
I thought it was up to the coach to have them ready to play by the first game of the regular season, but the vets looked out of shape, out of sync, slow and disorganized

The good news is, that when they get into playing shape they could/should be a lot better

..but how many games will that take?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Disjointed and not ready to play - how much responsibility falls on the captain?

I'm a huge fan of his and was hoping the team would take on his personality when he got the C. His compete and abrasiveness are up there with anyone in the history of the game, hard to see him at the helm of a team like this who's compete and abrasiveness seem to be lacking.

Hope he's not toning it down to try and fill Bergeron's shoes as captain.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Disjointed and not ready to play - how much responsibility falls on the captain?

I'm a huge fan of his and was hoping the team would take on his personality when he got the C. His compete and abrasiveness are up there with anyone in the history of the game, hard to see him at the helm of a team like this who's compete and abrasiveness seem to be lacking.

You mean the Captain whose goes for a bad line change in Game 7 of the SC Final?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Game 2 of the season. Home opener against bad team. A statement game?

Come on, now.
Also looking at Montreal's roster, it's young and talented

He looked like he had no interest in starting anything. You would think he would have mucked it up and at least did something on the line of legal and not. Whole team was as flat as he was.

people - media included - were too hard on Korpi you ask me
I agree, but man that contract. As a back up making 3 mil per the next four years, he's going to have to be above average

Reactions: capecodder

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Also looking at Montreal's roster, it's young and talented

He looked like he had no interest in starting anything. You would think he would have mucked it up and at least did something on the line of legal and not. Whole team was as flat as he was.

I agree, but man that contract. As a back up making 3 mil per the next four years, he's going to have to be above average
I wonder where his lies in the spectrum of backup goalie contracts?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
wow you went there. Don't you care about our mental well being?

Is that when he jumped Eller then never fought him again man to man? Brilliant turtle though

Would have been a shame if someone "jumped" Bennett or Tkachuck like that last night huh?

Each to their own. Personally I miss that Brad and was hoping the team would embrace that identity over whatever the hell they are these days.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I mean Tkachuk fought Pasta and Bennett knocked Marchand out last year then assaulted Korpisalo. What more do these guys need to pull a Wi-Fi on Pare we saw this preseason? You had quite a few guys making their debut and could have endeared themselves in a 6-2 hockey game. It’s just amazing that all these physical guys seem to put their nuts in a jar on the kitchen shelf like a dude married for twenty years when they play for Boston….. And thirty for me and yes I look at my nuts every time I reach for the Xtra toasty cheez-it’s
Unless they're willing to face the suspension by simply jumping a puss like Tkahuk or Bennett what are they supposed to do. Freddy dropped his gloves Tkachuk had his purse strings tight. Zadorov and Kastelic went for Bennett his gloves were glued on. The NHL has changed it no longer rewards honor and taking matters into your own hands. It rewards the players who know how to instigate .

Reactions: BMC

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Yall need to relax, the bruins will be fine all the way up until the second rd of the PO. Too much panic for game 1 of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad