Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - Swampkittens 6 BRUINS 4

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Size is awesome, big fan of big players. However I like big, aggressive players, I like small aggressive players, medium sized aggressive player, fast, slow whatever. A team of Carlos, Lohreis, Geekies and Coyles is not going to work, they are just big, soft guys who have no interest in playing an aggressive style. All 5'7 of Marchand plays with more fire on one shift than those 4 play with in a year.

Also the coward of the county Monty can go bye bye anytime. You have a President who wants a big aggressive team, a GM that wants clones of him playing and a head coach who thinks he is still coaching in college. Get a vision and stick to it, Florida's seems to work pretty well.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Size is awesome, big fan of big players. However I like big, aggressive players, I like small aggressive players, medium sized aggressive player, fast, slow whatever. A team of Carlos, Lohreis, Geekies and Coyles is not going to work, they are just big, soft guys who have no interest in playing an aggressive style. All 5'7 of Marchand plays with more fire on one shift than those 4 play with in a year.

Also the coward of the county Monty can go bye bye anytime. You have a President who wants a big aggressive team, a GM that wants clones of him playing and a head coach who thinks he is still coaching in college. Get a vision and stick to it, Florida's seems to work pretty well.

Why call Monty a coward?

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
“f*** plays. Pound their f***ing D”.

I mean it’s not rocket science. But for these guys maybe it is. But it’s also precisely what Sweeney tried to address. So execute.

While quoting Freddy extensively they conveniently left-out that he said that Tkachuk’s antics are disrespectful to the game. Can’t be letting that idea get spread around about the “new NHL’s” poster boy.
There are too many nights when I get the feeling the Bruins coaching staff is saying the reverse "f*** pounding their D. Make f**ing plays". The problem is when you don't pound their D, the plays fall apart and you get 17 shots.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Few thoughts

Florida is a very fun team and a balance of high draft picks (Barkov, Reinhart, Ekblad, Tkachuk) but reclamation players - Forsling, Bennett, Verhague

How can anyone not like Evan Rodrigues

Lundell is a really good player anchoring third line

Getting rid of Cousins was big for me, he was that stain on a clean shirt

I liked the Boqvist brothers add - hopefully they stay in good health

This is exactly what the Bruins needed to start

There is your mountain.

Best way to start is realizing what you need to improve on
Isn't that what the offseason was for?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Few thoughts

Florida is a very fun team and a balance of high draft picks (Barkov, Reinhart, Ekblad, Tkachuk) but reclamation players - Forsling, Bennett, Verhague

How can anyone not like Evan Rodrigues

Lundell is a really good player anchoring third line

Getting rid of Cousins was big for me, he was that stain on a clean shirt

I liked the Boqvist brothers add - hopefully they stay in good health

This is exactly what the Bruins needed to start

There is your mountain.

Best way to start is realizing what you need to improve on

What I’m thinking too.

I’ve seen enough of dominating early in the season and flaming out late. Take your licks early on and get stronger.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I can't imagine how Joonas Korpisalo feels today. He got run over by that asshole Bennett and his teammates did absolutely nothing.

I was appalled. Bennett should have left the ice on a stretcher after a cheap shot like that. . No, pushing and shoving does not count. There should have been blood & broken bones.

Welcome to the Bruins Korpi, youi're on your own :sarcasm:

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
What I’m thinking too.

I’ve seen enough of dominating early in the season and flaming out late. Take your licks early on and get stronger.
Curious with zero cap space how do get stronger? Players are not going to all of a sudden become more aggressive and willing or become more gifted offensively.

I hope you guys a correct but history proves otherwise. The soft element is the biggest thing to change,

We don't have the mindset for that style, not with the guys on the roster that play a ton.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
How this team responded to Bennett was embarrassing. From all the stuff in the playoffs to running your goalie while getting blown out. Did he even take a hit? Or a glove to the face?
If you’re gonna take a stupid penalty (Zadorov)make it count.

I know it’s a long season, but gonna be extra long if they play like that. Top guys were invisible & Pasta looked like he was out playing shiny with his daughter

Reactions: BMC

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So much talk about needing speed and wanting guys that can "arrive on time" this offseason, and we still look slow as shit. Starting to think the strategy of taking bad players off bad teams and thinking Bruins Culture (TM) will transform them into useful players isn't a good one.

(yes this is an overreaction to a bad game 1, just let me get it out of my system)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Curious with zero cap space how do get stronger? Players are not going to all of a sudden become more aggressive and willing or become more gifted offensively.

I hope you guys a correct but history proves otherwise. The soft element is the biggest thing to change,

We don't have the mindset for that style, not with the guys on the roster that play a ton.

Players can absolutely get more aggressive and play smarter. They can work on skills too.

I’m not guaranteeing anything, but let’s not say the roster is doomed after one game against the reigning Champions. Florida is a great team. I’m glad most around here seem to be coming around to this reality after they won a championship. I was getting a little tired of years of hearing how the Bruins were “clearly better” if only they put in an effort.

Regardless of style, the roster on paper does have some changes and it may take some time to really figure out what kind of identity this team has in light of those shifts.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

There you go!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
“f*** plays. Pound their f***ing D”.

I mean it’s not rocket science. But for these guys maybe it is. But it’s also precisely what Sweeney tried to address. So execute.

While quoting Freddy extensively they conveniently left-out that he said that Tkachuk’s antics are disrespectful to the game. Can’t be letting that idea get spread around about the “new NHL’s” poster boy.

It is quite distasteful the NHL and the media rallies around the cowardly Tkachuk when there is a better and more likable one in Ottawa, let alone Barkov on the same team....

Reactions: BTO

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
It is quite distasteful the NHL and the media rallies around the cowardly Tkachuk when there is a better and more likable one in Ottawa, let alone Barkov on the same team....
Really don't care about how the NHL or media feels about the Bruins. Monday do not give Tkachuk an option, drop your gloves or you just get pounded, same with Bennett. Fourth game of the season, who cares if you give up power plays, let the Panthers and that line (Rodrigues included) that open season on Bruins is over, you do something dirty it comes at a price. Want to run a goalie? OK, your getting hammered. Want to punch the Captain in the head? Getting hammered. Want to be Tkachuk? Getting hammered out of principal.

Reactions: The Hajj

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Almost like one is on a championship team and the other captains a bottom feeder. That silly media…

Johnson would be better than some of the stiffs playing in the bottom 6 . He would actually be better than Geekie playing with Coyle and Marchand.

Geekie as a regular top 6 player just isn’t going to work. And it really does seem like they are intent on forcing that fit.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I suspect we'll arrive at a world where Brazeau is on the 4th. That will be a better lineup.

Spoon may need the games where the other team can fill the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad