GDT: Game 1: Red Wings vs penguins 8:00 pm et 10/10/24

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We’re at the cap. It is impossible to “do more to upgrade the blue line” because of the signings you just said are fine. There have been bad signings made in lieu of good ones, that’s my point.

I still really believe in the future of this team because I think or young players are fantastic and have tons of potential, but the consistent filling of the team with washed up vets is very frustrating.
You made it sound like every signing we’ve made the last 2 years was bad, I was just pushing back on that.

I would probably agree they have built up too much of an excess of depth. A bit too many redundant pieces.

But we still had the cap to go for more impactful players (or explore trades) this off season if we wanted to.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We’re at the cap. It is impossible to “do more to upgrade the blue line” because of the signings you just said are fine. There have been bad signings made in lieu of good ones, that’s my point.

I still really believe in the future of this team because I think or young players are fantastic and have tons of potential, but the consistent filling of the team with washed up vets is very frustrating.

I think the filling with vets is just bridging the gap to the kids filtering into the lineup. I don't think it's a coincidence that so many contracts expire in the next few years and we are looking at having our biggest influx of prospects in that time. Or that Yzerman was apparently unwilling to add a dman with significant term over the summer, instead looking to add Trouba whose deal would also come up in a couple of years.

For all of the concern over us being capped out...yeah. Because our adds aren't going to be a big name free agent, it's going to be Edvinsson. Then Kaspar. Danielson. Mazur. Nygaard. etc. We'll use trades and free agency to then fill in around the kids that work. I'm expecting it to be slow, painful, and frustrating but hopefully rewarding.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I think the filling with vets is just bridging the gap to the kids filtering into the lineup. I don't think it's a coincidence that so many contracts expire in the next few years and we are looking at having our biggest influx of prospects in that time. Or that Yzerman was apparently unwilling to add a dman with significant term over the summer, instead looking to add Trouba whose deal would also come up in a couple of years.

For all of the concern over us being capped out...yeah. Because our adds aren't going to be a big name free agent, it's going to be Edvinsson. Then Kaspar. Danielson. Mazur. Nygaard. etc. We'll use trades and free agency to then fill in around the kids that work. I'm expecting it to be slow, painful, and frustrating but hopefully rewarding.

I don't like it but I've been wrapping my mind around this for awhile and I just don't like it! I want the stars!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
So the wings are 0-1 to start the season, winless in last 3 and 1-5 in last 6? Next game is a very tough one so is the game after that, and 4 tough games before one which is not tough but not easy one either.
Considering that we entered the season 1-4, then lost 1st game at home and then 4 tough games, this might turn out very ugly like 1-9. Is it enough so Lalonde loses the job?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Looked better than us.

And Walman was their best defender:

View attachment 915225

Long season. Plenty of nights he will be bad as will that whole team. Watched the highlights, there was plenty of, wow this will be a long season for the Sharks.

You know I actually don’t think our goaltenders are that horrible. A lot of these guys leave Detroit where they struggled and end up being successful other places. I think it’s simply a shit defense in front of them, leaving the goalies out to dry. I can’t remember watching any other teams that give up so many grade A scoring opportunities in the slot. Just absolute horrid defense and it’s been that way for years.

What goalies are these? Mrazek is exactly the same as he was here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00