GDT: Game 1: Red Wings vs penguins 8:00 pm et 10/10/24

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Sounds like I’m not sorry I missed this game.

Loving this new spin on Ed though. Before it was they should’ve played him because he was better than most of the D and we would’ve made the playoffs. Now it’s they should’ve played him so these mistakes would’ve happened last season.
Everyone wanted him to play last season.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
That crap about momentum sounded more like he was talking about a video game than the actual game :rolleyes: maybe try to stop leaving guys wide open right in front, perhaps it would be easier to keep it rolling then.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Idc what you guys say at this point I’d be wearing paper bags to the games. First game sure but it looked exactly like last season, to a tee. No indication it won’t be the same thing with a worse roster and bad coach again. Most complacent fanbase in the league, but someone needs to make the frustration known. Giving up 6 goals in the home opener just isn’t okay. I could accept these performances if we actually played rookies but instead these are overpaid vets, so what’s the point.

Reactions: lilidk

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I am not sure if I 'm more worried that the prospects are not playing or that maybe they're just not that good and that's why they aren't getting a chance. Here in MTL watching a young dman like Lane Hutson being so good already makes me envious.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Yes and last season it was because he was obviously so NHL ready. One shaky game and now he should’ve played last season to get over these rookie mistakes.
He did well enough to earn a roster spot last season when he did play. The defense was atrocious much of the year. Everyone looked shaky last year playing defense.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like I’m not sorry I missed this game.

Loving this new spin on Ed though. Before it was they should’ve played him because he was better than most of the D and we would’ve made the playoffs. Now it’s they should’ve played him so these mistakes would’ve happened last season.

Despite his mistakes I'd say he still looked better than Petry and Gustafsson, but was sadly on par with Chiarot imo, trying to do too much.

But serious question, what's wrong with the last statement? You don't think he could have learned from his mistakes last season and as a result come into to this season as a more polished player?

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I am not sure if I 'm more worried that the prospects are not playing or that maybe they're just not that good and that's why they aren't getting a chance. Here in MTL watching a young dman like Lane Hutson being so good already makes me envious.
I’m telling you, our prospect pool is not that great and Draper is a garbage scout.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Just got internet back, damn it hurt missing this one but kinda glad I did. Looking forward to the next game and the Griffins game tomorrow

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Dude, we are spent right up to the cap.
How about ,we paid Sharks to give them their top defansman.
Let's give Lalonde couple more games, before we know if he actually could motivate team. The way preseason gone and now this first game, it's on him

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The lack of high end skill in our prospects in genuinely concerning

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Was at the game tonight. As a ticket holder it's extremely frustrating watching a team that isn't playing it's absolute best team. Some observations.
- husso was awful. Should never have started this game to begin with. Lalonde is clueless with this
- gustaffson was awful again like he was all pre season.
- you could tell edvinsson played with a different D partner in his 3 pre season games because you could tell he didn't have chemistry with his partners tonight even though I know petry was injured (again this was dumb on lalonde)
- compher should NOT play with Kane. That 2nd line was awful. Too slow. Kasper should 1000% be in that spot
- copp was awful
- the red wings as a whole were terrible on faceoffs tonight
- lastly, I thought the wings came out and played a strong first period up until their 2nd pp then they lost all momentum and could never recover. The 2nd PP unit is awful. That's gotta change.

If play like this continues lalonde will be gone by halloween.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I was expected team will go nuts attacking, instead see a lot of Veleno, Motte and Berggren at the end of the game. They even didn't try, it's all on coach .

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
I find it hard to believe Kasper/Danielson/Mazur don't bring more to the team in almost every facet than Veleno and Berggren.

Game 1, blah blah blah, but bring up 2 of those kids. Stick them with Tarasenko or Kane as an off brand 2 kids and a goat line and let history repeat itself. It's that easy 😂

Then find 2 D to help....fast...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad