GDT: Game 1: Red Wings vs penguins 8:00 pm et 10/10/24

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
what a pathetic home opener

I dunno man..its only game 1, its only game 1...but why does it feel like this rebuild is going absolutely nowhere?

the team D is inexcusable. this is the best we can do defensively in year 9 of a rebuild..?
When you’re playing guys like Petry over Johansson, this will happen

Kasper is a better defensive forward than everyone in our bottom 6 by the way.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
One game, trying not to overreact..... buttttttttt

Edvinsson looked like a guy who has a ton of talent, but lacks experience, so we suffered through his growing pains tonight. Wish we suffered through some of this last season.

Give Kasper and Johannson jobs now if this is what we are going to get from our bad vets. Seider was the only player who looked slightly competent on the blue line tonight and our 2 and 3 Cs couldn't keep possession of the puck to save their lives tonight.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Edvinsson makes some plays that no defender on this team is capable of. But he's also making a lot of mistakes, which is okay when transitioning to NHL... Always seems harder for taller guys like him to transition aswell.

But these things should have been ironed out last year, I've been saying it, and I'll keep saying it until this team changes direction.

I'll reserve my judgement on Edvinsson until next year.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Edvinsson makes some plays that no defender on this team is capable of. But he's also making a lot of mistakes, which is okay when transitioning to NHL... Always seems harder for taller guys like him to transition aswell.

But these things should have been ironed out last year, I've been saying it, and I'll keep saying it until this team changes direction.

I'll reserve my judgement on Edvinsson until next year.
Edvinsson should have played more last year. This would be his second full season and the team would be further along.

They set his development back by having him play with a bunch of future plumbers and high school coaches. Meanwhile, worse players like Maata and Petry were in his place.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Sounds like I’m not sorry I missed this game.

Loving this new spin on Ed though. Before it was they should’ve played him because he was better than most of the D and we would’ve made the playoffs. Now it’s they should’ve played him so these mistakes would’ve happened last season.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Didn't bother to watch because I thought this might happen. Pittsburgh played last night and should be easy pickings. But Husso starting yah that went well it seems.

I will say it now early on record that I think Lalonde is going to be one of the first coaches fired this season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Good season to tank. Let's let kids develop in GR , bring some of them at the middle and end of the season when veterans got traded . Expect long season

Reactions: Crunchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad