Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
2 expansion drafts in 4 or 5 years could really f*** this team out of really good players.

We'll lose some good players, but we also have a lot of good young players coming up that won't need to be protected and could replace those we lose. Players such as Hage, Eriksson, Konyushkov, the 7 picks we have in the first 2 rounds of the next 2 drafts, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: FLHabs

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
This is definitely something HuGo needs to keep in mind. I'm sure they're aware, but it scares me knowing that a lot of these guys wont be exempt in 4/5 years down the line. Last thing we want is to be put in a pinch for what to do with some of the young studs.
Also right in the middle of being contenders too imo. I honestly don't even like thinking about it lol but hopefully guys like Kapanen, Hage, future draft picks, etc can step in if an important piece unfortunately has to go

We'll lose some good players, but we also have a lot of good young players coming up that won't need to be protected and could replace those we lose. Players such as Hage, Eriksson, Konyushkov, the 7 picks we have in the first 2 rounds of the next 2 drafts, etc.
I'm only laughing at your post because we're thinking the exact same thing haha

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
2 expansion drafts in 4 or 5 years could really f*** this team out of really good players.
Say there is a draft in June 2027. We'd be in good shape, losing just one player.

With 7-3-1, we would protect (exempt have an *)

Suzuki
Caufield
Slafkovsky
Dach (assuming re-signed before draft )
Newhook (RFA)
Roy
Beck
*Demidov
*Kapanen (assuming Sweden this year)
*Hage
*Koivu
*Thorpe
*2025 1st rounder
*2026 1st rounder

Guhle
Reinbacher
Hutson or Mailloux
*Konyushkov
*2025 1st rounder (Calgary)

Montembeault or Primeau or Dobes (whoever is the #1)
*Fowler
*Volokhin

Three potential regulars is one hell of a coup.
Then Slaf, Hutson and Beck from 2022

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
David Savard has become such a vital player to this team. His defensive efforts, his stability, mentorship is so important. Every young player paired with him seems to play so much better.

After that game and reading here I'm convinced the Habs will be in the cup final and I found a guy in Nigeria who was willing to sell me tickets to it.
You bought tickets too? Me too 🤣🤣🤣

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Same, I won’t be cheering for losses this year that’s for sure. Enough of that lol.

Pretty sure we won’t be bottom of the barrel bad anyway, the kids look good and more are coming soon including our best prospect.

Feels good!
Amen brother. I think I hurt my soul doing that these last few years lol

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Hard to get much better than that for a preseason game. The line of Kapanen, Barre-Boulet and Heineman was outstanding.

Hutson was electric. Hindsight and all that, but to get him at #62 overall still seems crazy.

Group 2 has a tough act to follow tonight :laugh:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Dans ze mix
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Man Poehling sucks. What a brutal draft pick that was. Dumb on the ice. Dumb off the ice. I can't believe some thought he could replace Plekanec like basically at the time of the draft.

I can't remember which one of the regulars had a massive hard-on for the Peelman.

Oh... it was GoldenHands. He thought Poehling was ready to replace Danault, just before or just after Phil signed with LA.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
So to recap: half the people in this thread said that Barron sucked ass and was the worst player on the ice and the other half said that he was very good, kept things simple and joined the rush at the right time.

That's pretty confusing.
1727178599348.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad