Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Even the players trying to get a spot…

They need to be good but that game is not an NHL caliber game
True but it is a number of steps better than intra squad anything.
Usually you just want your skill guys to be able to connect the dots.
The role players finally get unleashed and can now show how dirty they are willing to get.
This is important for both pro rosters.

Reactions: Vachon23

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
For our sanity, it's a good thing that Michkov is not playing against us, when the average Joe will realize what we passed on, he may do regrettable things in Montréal's streets...
1520256134-risitasue2.png

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
True but it is a number of steps better than intra squad anything.
Usually you just want your skill guys to be able to connect the dots.
The role players finally get unleashed and can now show how dirty they are willing to get.
This is important for both pro rosters.
Agree, the kids need to show flash

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Meh, this team can't be bitching about money the way they throw it around. Wouldn't mind a couple brutes to keep an eye on the kids

What money has Hughes thrown around? You can't conflate how MB handled money with the current org.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
As much as Laine sucking would potentially help me not eat crow, him (and Dach) sucking tonight have nothing to do with them, but pretty much not playing a game for either of them in a year will do that.

Hoping Dach improves on the dot.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Most excited I've been to see this team start a preseason in so long. The team is brimming with potential in a way I've never seen in my lifetime. Hutson watch is live. Newhook-Dach-Laine is such a naturally talented line it's not even funny, and I think Dach and Laine are gonna be amped to get at it after so much time off.

Been a Heineman stan for some time now, and looking forward to seeing Kapanen beside him. Engstrom and Mailloux will be a great pair to watch well.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
As much as Laine sucking would potentially help me not eat crow, him (and Dach) sucking tonight have nothing to do with them, but pretty much not playing a game for either of them in a year will do that.

Hoping Dach improves on the dot.
As long as Laine shows signs of rust and not lack of effort, then I’m happy. Regardless of how he and Dach start out, the good news is, opposing teams will absolutely have to be concerned with that line and watch them. That takes a lot of pressure off the first line. I seriously see the 3rd line being dangerous this year as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad