GDT: Game 1 - Penguins vs Rangers - 7:30 PM - All My Happiness is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Lol, they can’t even get the f*** out of their own zone, they literally turned it over trying to move the puck, holy f***. St Ivany pokes it free, Bunting loses it and they score.

How the f*** can a team be this bad defensively?
Reirden actually did a solid job with the blue line defensively. Just the PP was so trash that he needed to be fired.
Now Quinn might not be able to handle either one. But we'll see.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Trocheck just standing to the side, Graves and the entire Pens team just standing around after giving up the puck, lol, just what a f***ing shit show defensively. Jarry gets a shot, makes the save, absolutely no Penguins is even remotely interested in clearing the puck or anything. This is after Bunting turned the puck over tying to be f***ing cute with kicking it up to his stick and then the Rangers score. This isn’t a “it’s a new season, they’re rusty” sort of bullshit. This is quite literally the norm for this team the last couple of seasons.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
At this point the only thing that would make me angrier is if Dubas extended Pettersson, absof***inglutely better not see that shit. I’d rather they just moved him by the end of the week and played Shea or Aho.
I mean, listening to him talk and saying they would use the same approach as Guentzel, I'm pretty sure he will be moved at the deadline. This time will be sellers a lot faster than we think, probably just after the holidays.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Reirden actually did a solid job with the blue line defensively. Just the PP was so trash that he needed to be fired.
Now Quinn might not be able to handle either one. But we'll see.
I still maintain Reirden was told who he needed to have on the PP and that was a problem, he’s actually a very good PP coach and has a proven track record of it with the Pens with Bylsma and on the Caps as an Assistant. It’s not shocking he struggled as a PP coach, Sullivan wants his guys on the PP and he had to work within that and that is one of the biggest issues.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
“It’s a hard league to win in every night”

“I thought we competed hard”

“Jars really battled”

Borque on the radio said a slow start won't put Sully on the hot seat because "who are you replacing him with that is better.".

Ahhh, we've reached late stage Bylsma level of coping from the local sports media.

@Honour Over Glory would be better.

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I mean, listening to him talk and saying they would use the same approach as Guentzel, I'm pretty sure he will be moved at the deadline. This time will be sellers a lot faster than we think, probably just after the holidays.
Dubas at least did what he said he would. If you don’t show him you’re going to be a playoff team, he isn’t going to add at the deadline like they are or pretend they are. I think he is going to figure that out a lot earlier this season. Although last year, I think they were maybe in a playoff spot for a week at most? Or not at all? I don’t even remember the Penguins being higher than 9th in the East, to be honest.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Ownership

Sid re-upped.

I'm willing to bet (substantially) that ownership is in Madrid right now or counting spreadsheets on some illicit sketchy stuff destroying lives / markets.

They got what they wanted, er, needed in Crosby remaining put. They will break even and make sure this franchise gains in market share year over year. That's literally all that matters to these soulless finance f***s. Zero chance they give a shit about day to day performances.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Nobody is going to want any Penguin if this continues. So let's not start trading the untradeable at this time.

Tomorrow night is going to be interesting. Joel Blomqvist is in for an assault. I hope he is ready.

Sid re-upped.

I'm willing to bet (substantially) that ownership is in Madrid right now or counting spreadsheets on some illicit sketchy stuff destroying lives / markets.

They got what they wanted, er, needed in Crosby remaining put. They will break even and make sure this franchise gains in market share year over year. That's literally all that matters to these soulless finance f***s. Zero chance they give a shit about day to day performances.
Well, they DO care whether the team wins though...

the Boston Bruins, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad