GDT: Game 1 - Penguins vs Rangers - 7:30 PM - All My Happiness is Gone

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
He needs to be at about 15-20 goals and 35-40 points, that's pretty comparable with what other guys similar to McGroarty have done.

Wyatt Johnson had 24 goals and 41 points as a 19 year old rookie in 2022-2023, and even if you take out PP points, he still had 21 goals and 34 points. I'd expect 15 goals and 35 points as the minimum for what I'd call "successful".
Mike Sullivan: The best I can do is 80% d-zone starts

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
40% have it which in turn means 60% don’t which would be the majority.
I'd like to see where in fact those stats are emanating from. What's your source? And to be clear I'm talking bout cable and satellite, because both have been round for quite sometime.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't know what to make of tonight's game. There seems to be a lot of negativity in Rangers land at the moment. I suspect beating us handily would be somewhat of a cure-all, at least temporarily. It seems they had Brodzinski in Rempe's spot in the lineup at the morning skate.
We seem to play Rags/Shesty well as of late, especially at home. W wouldn't surprise me. Nor would a blowout L.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I don't know what to make of tonight's game. There seems to be a lot of negativity in Rangers land at the moment. I suspect beating us handily would be somewhat of a cure-all, at least temporarily. It seems they had Brodzinski in Rempe's spot in the lineup at the morning skate.

If teams decide NOT to dress their most physical players against us this season, I chalk that up as a win for us. If I were playing Mike Sullivan, I would dress my biggest and baddest and try to run them any chance I get. Not only because we don't have a physical response, but also because our PP sucks.

Hopefully, this trend continues. We need our aging superstars upright and in the lineup at all times.
Laviolette obviously fears our speed and skill and is responding in kind with Brodzinski.

Ludvig had like 75% of our fights last year :laugh:. Who is most likely to drop the gloves for us this year? Pettersson? Bunting?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We need a poll betting on when Trouba’s elbow attempts to make its first strike tonight and to whom…

I’m going with 16:23 into the first period and to Bunting…

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We need a poll betting on when Trouba’s elbow attempts to make its first strike tonight and to whom…

Old habits die hard, my guess would be Sid at 8:46 of the 2hd period.

Reactions: Andy99

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I'd like to see where in fact those stats are emanating from. What's your source? And to be clear I'm talking bout cable and satellite, because both have been round for quite sometime.

Just google. Looks like it was statsica and if you include satellite it’s 56%.

I don’t think cable dying is some secret. It’s been in decline for sometime now. I mean it makes sense if you watch other things but $95 for just Penguin games makes no sense.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Just google. Looks like it was statsica and if you include satellite it’s 56%.

I don’t think cable dying is some secret. It’s been in decline for sometime now. I mean it makes sense if you watch other things but $95 for just Penguin games makes no sense.
I don't spend $95 just on Penguin games. lol

I watch a ton of things on cable, always have.

I get great deals actually. Because of the emergence of these Apps there's more competition, thus if you negotiate and threaten to disconnect it drives the price down. My cable bill with internet and phone is roughly $30 a month cheaper than it was 5 years ago. Despite the insane inflation.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

5min into the 2nd, McG. Offsetting minors, Trouba for interference, Puljujarvi for roughing.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad