GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hey guys! How did Norris look? Hoping his injury troubles are behind him.
I thought he was good on some shifts not so good on others. His line was not as effective as they should be. He was inconsistent with his engagement but he did show more will to engage than we saw last year. He had a good scoring chance early but not much after. Still a work in progress.

Reactions: HughJazz3dg

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
FWIW I also don't think we were outplayed as some make it out to be.

First I feel like we had the MUCH better rush chances in this game, Bob had to make quite a few good saves. Most of Floridas pressure was on the cycle, which we were able to keep outside mostly, so it felt like they were over us when the chances are lower xG.

To that point, compared to last year we barely gave up any odd man rushes (maybe one? I don't even recall). I know everyone loving UImark, but I remember many games last year where Korpi would have to face like back to back 2 on 1s multiple times in periods lol.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
We badly outplayed them in the 1st, the 2nd was so-so, and we got badly outplayed in the 3rd.

Anyone is crazy if they thought we could outplay the champs for 60 minutes straight.

Ullmark was fantastic, but I wouldn't say he "stole" that one. We did what we needed to win. Played well enough to get the lead, then weathered the storm and kept things to the outside, limiting high danger chances. Sometimes, that's what you have to do to get the win.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Need to play a team that isn’t Florida to really judge. Last night Linus played great. But we did do a good job at least in the second of keeping them to the perimeter.
Well it stands to reason that if you can beat the defending Champions, the best team in the NHL you should be able to beat anyone. With the improvements Staois has made especially in net IMO they now have a chance to beat any team, although I think we all understand they aren't going 82-0.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
People say they played poorly defensively last night and I disagree. That's just Hockey; a strong team like the Panthers is going to floor it the rest of the game in an attempt to tie it. We did everything that was necessary to hold them back, and kept them to stoppable opportunities for Ullmark to make the save. We remained focused throughout, and demonstrated a true dog-it-out defensive game.

In the past this is clearly a game we lose, but not just because of our better goaltending, but also our commitment to playing the right way.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
People say they played poorly defensively last night and I disagree. That's just Hockey; a strong team like the Panthers is going to floor it the rest of the game in an attempt to tie it. We did everything that was necessary to hold them back, and kept them to stoppable opportunities for Ullmark to make the save. We remained focused throughout, and demonstrated a true dog-it-out defensive game.

In the past this is clearly a game we lose, but not just because of our better goaltending, but also our commitment to playing the right way.
I think what I’ve read multiple times in here is we had trouble getting out of our own zone, which was true. You could see that if you were watching, and the announcers said it several times. For one of those occasions, the specifically mentioned the amount of time the puck was in our zone which was roughly 2 1/2 minutes. There were several instances that the puck was in our zone for extended stretches. Ullmark made the saves though. That part is true.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Well it stands to reason that if you can beat the defending Champions, the best team in the NHL you should be able to beat anyone. With the improvements Staois has made especially in net IMO they now have a chance to beat any team, although I think we all understand they aren't going 82-0.
Speak for yourself. I for one believe we are winning the next 97 games in a row.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Saying this team needs to improve is like saying water is wet. It's not something that needs to be harped about night in and night out. We've already been through the wringer enough. Sometimes our fans needs something to celebrate. We don't need to constantly hear that improvement is needed. In fact, most of us are smart enough to realize that, so why the f*** say it out loud? Or do you think were all just dumb homers?

This is more like what I saw tonight.
You're too sensitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad