GDT: Game 1: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM |

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Is it Vegas being good goal scorers or the quality of the goaltending? Probably more of the latter in this game but it was fun to watch.

But Olofsson could possibly get to mid-twenties and maybe Dorofeyev can too. Eichel, Stone, Barbashev and Hertl need to contribute too and we will almost for sure get a top six winger nearer the all star game, so goals may be an issue for parts of the season but we could still possibly have a borderline top ten offense by the playoffs.

But I am worried about goaltending. Hill has really only been good for us the fifteen games of the playoff run and then the first fifteen starts of last year. He's only ever played like thirty something games in a year and I think our system sometimes makes him appear better than he is actually playing.

I don't know, I think the team and Cassidy is good enough to work around some dip in goaltending and I don't think Hill is terrible but I worry if he's really good enough to get back to the Cup in a competitive year.

It's absolutely Georgiev being terrible. We are not going to shoot 38% in a game probably ever again.

I also expect 20+ from Olofsson and Doro. The biggest factor offensively though is going to be health for Eichel/Stone/Hertl/Karlsson and what we can get from Holtz/Brisson who are the real unknown quantities.

And yes the goaltending is also a huge concern, but that is a deficiency that is a lot easier to mask than scoring goals, especially if this team defends at a championship level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad