GDT: Game #1: Chicago vs Utah HC - 8:00pm MDT - ESPN, ESPN+ - Are you Yeti for some hockey??

Who is the first goal scorer??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Hayton looks cursed to me more often than he looks "bad". I like the way he plays when he's not on his butt. His efforts just rarely seem to be rewarded.
Last season the Yotes scored plenty of goals where Hayton was screening the goalie and got no points. That doesn't fit as "cursed" but also not quite "rewarded".

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I thought Hayton looked really good. Thought Kesselring looked good. Macelli did not look good. Not sure why.

Other than the keller line and Guenther and Cooley. I think they will be tweaking the lines. Strong goalie play also.

Reactions: cslebn and Schemp

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think the problem with the Macelli/Doan/Crouse line is Macelli. I love the player, but his last 3 games (2 pre-season, and this one) have been the 3 worst games I have ever seen from him. I hope he is just under the weather and getting over something, but he has been a step slow and a step behind on everything. Not at all what we are used to from Matias.
I agree

Reactions: Schemp

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
First game, lots to work on but Guenther starting hot along with Keller is encouraging.

Things will improve. I imagine a whole new set of guys will look better and other worse in the next game. Have to give it some time to come to conclusions.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
That was a lot of digging to find that ..hopefully going forward Utah will bring the postgame interviews

I am a little apprehensive hearing AT talking about how great they played…I was hoping for something to the effect of “ we broke down defensively an need to address that next game

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That was a lot of digging to find that ..hopefully going forward Utah will bring the postgame interviews

I am a little apprehensive hearing AT talking about how great they played…I was hoping for something to the effect of “ we broke down defensively an need to address that next game
I stayed up late waiting for something and gave up about 2am.

I watched part of the AllCity postgame podcast and Craig Morgan said the locker room was packed with media.

Also said the arena suffered a few power glitches in the press areas during the game but that's going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad