GDT: Game 1 - Avs @ Knights - Rockstar Rookie Revue - 8PM

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Geeez I just finished the game cause I gave up and went to bed after the third goal on game night cause I was exhausted from work and wasn't sleep depriving myself for that mess. I should have just not resumed.

The team continues to bail him out with goals and he continues to prove he doesn't have it. f***ing 7 goals again. I know it's only the first game but this is just bad. We have seen him play really well too I get that. This team would be so much better though with consistent but average goal tending instead of the highest highs and the lowest lows and nothing in between.

Again first game of the season but pretty sure he leads the league in games of allowing 4 or more goals over the last 3 years.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Kuemper is way better than 5giev. f***

At this point, how many of the other 30 starters are worse than 4giev?

I can think of Elvis, Vladar and Markstrom. Vladar might be the only one unquestionably worse than 5giev, the other two could have arguments made.

I'd rather have every other starter in the league over 6giev

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
At this point, how many of the other 30 starters are worse than 4giev?

I can think of Elvis, Vladar and Markstrom. Vladar might be the only one unquestionably worse than 5giev, the other two could have arguments made.

I'd rather have every other starter in the league over 6giev
Markstrom is actually quite good. He may not be top 5, but he's certainly in the top half of starters. He can have some rough games from time to time, but he's a few levels above those names.

If you purely look at GSAA/60. Last season there were 34 goalies that played 2200 minutes. George finished 28th on that list. Elvis, MAF, Samsonov, Ersson, Korpi, and Gibson are the guys he beat out. A couple of those guys got forced more into starting roles last year, and a couple lost their starting roles. MAF was a platoon guy. On that list only George, Elvis, and Gibson are still starters. With Elvis and Gibson, they face a significantly more difficult workload. A lot more shots, high and medium danger chances, on the PK more, a significantly closer set of shots, a lot more slot shots, etc. Their results are far more understandable given how the teams in front of them play.

IMO there is a very strong argument that George is the worst starter in the NHL today. Korpi last season would give him a very good run, but he lost his starting job. George still has his.

Reactions: The Moops

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
HF Avs in response to me saying the goaltending shouldn’t be the priority this offseason:

1728657423032.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad