GDT: Game 1 - Avs @ Knights - Rockstar Rookie Revue - 8PM

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Avs management and Bednar are so stubborn. They’ll refuse to make Annunen the starter because they still believe Georgiev is their #1. Just look at the Rangers last year. They didn’t have a problem making Quick the starter for a while when Shesterkin was struggling, and that’s probably the best goalie in the league right now, but when he couldn’t make saves, it was Quick’s net. What would be the downside of making Annunen the starter?

Give him few games in a row and he might actually play better than Georgiev. This team is gonna need good goaltending because they’re missing 3 top 6 forwards. Stop being so stubborn.
Annunen doesn’t have the upside. They know he can be serviceable but he’s likely to have his weaknesses exposed. To reach the heights they are targeting, they need the gm ceiling of a guy like George. Solid chance that George just completely breaks and they don’t have a choice.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
1728533345287.png

• Haha
Reactions: wayninja

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Annunen doesn’t have the upside. They know he can be serviceable but he’s likely to have his weaknesses exposed. To reach the heights they are targeting, they need the gm ceiling of a guy like George. Solid chance that George just completely breaks and they don’t have a choice.
That’s makes for one hell of an agonizing season wasting all this talent up front and on the backend.

Reactions: henchman21

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs management and Bednar are so stubborn. They’ll refuse to make Annunen the starter because they still believe Georgiev is their #1.
If they thought Annunen was any good he'd be the starter. Right now they have 2 bad goalies and since Georgiev is a ticking bomb if he's downgraded to backup goalie there's no going back.

At this point though they might as well go all in on Annunen and see what happens.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean I don’t think Annunen would do any worse than Georgiev right now. He might actually do better. It’s worth giving a chance

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
It's like he doesn't know where the net is.. He's giving so much space on the glove side.. Reminds me of a goalie I knew when I was younger that did that all the time just because he wanted to windmill the save if he did actually make it
Your little brother in the driveway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad