GDT: GAME 09 - Monday, October 28th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30pm CDT - Amazon Prime - CJOB/Power 97

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I always record games. Watching on Prime will be really different for me. Usually takes between 60-90 minutes to watch a whole game. Don't know if I will have the patience for it or not. :laugh:

Interesting that I am not alone on struggling to watch long form live.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If I'm busy and I have been lately I also generally PVR the thing and fast forward. Maybe one of the things the streaming services did was made me far less tolerant of commercials lol.

It didn't take alternatives (streaming services) to make me intolerant of commercials. Broadcast TV has done it to themselves. They have killed the Golden Goose.

I can remember when commercial breaks were 1 minute long. One minute! And they were 15 minutes apart. More and more and longer and longer commercial breaks have just about destroyed broadcast TV. 5 minute commercial breaks are common. 10 minute ones actually exist. That was enough to drive audiences away even without the alternative.

Don't think of streaming as a saviour either. They are already heading in the same direction. They will keep squeezing it for more money until they kill that too. I have no idea what will replace it. There will be something.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd love to see this happen - and Amazon has the means to actually do this if they wanted to.
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the games from one source? Amazon is probably smart enough to realize this as well

How do small market teams replace the local broadcast revenue?

TSN or SN are just as capable of doing it as Amazon is. But they are not willing to buy all of the local broadcast rights.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
987u0v.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Interesting that I am not alone on struggling to watch long form live.

Shrinking attention span. :laugh: I sometimes get impatient and FF over some of the play. Previous years I frequently FF over Jets PP as soon as they get sent back to their own zone and have to re-enter the O zone. I'm watching the whole PPs this year though. :laugh:

That brings up a question. Why do other teams never seem to have that difficulty entering the zone against our PK? I mean, they sometimes get stopped at our BL once, rarely even twice. But I never see them spend nearly an entire PP just trying to get possession in our zone. That applies even this year, with our improved PK.

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
From the leafs board it seems like they aren't too happy with berube's line changes.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Honestly their depth isn't bad. What plagues the Leafs, as it has been for the last 8 years, is their top players range from being world beaters to beating themselves within the course of a single game. They lost their last game because Matthews made a pass to the ghost of Doug Gilmore who was, as it turns out, not there.

Dougie Gilmore! Now there was a real hockey player. Good Canadian boy.
oops. Get out of my head Grapes!

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
I know you
I like to pay full retail for every streaming service available, and cable and internet. I'm also working until I'm 90.
There are many ways to watch this game in high quality without having to use amazon prime. Amazon won't be getting a cent from me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad