GDT: GAME 08 - Winnipeg Jets at Calgary Flames – 6:00pm CDT (Ooky Spooky Edition!)

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
I hope that those assholes at Roger’s feel shame for not having this one as the late national game.
Such disrespect!
Nobody is as disrespected by the Canadian media as the Ottawa Senators. They NEVER get a CBC broadcast, they never get a decent start time (last week they started play at 11AM MT), and they are never discussed by anybody unless to compare Tkachuk's.

Anyways, Rogers only cares about the Leafs and the Oilers. We should really be glad because everything they do hockey-wise is terrible.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Nobody is as disrespected by the Canadian media as the Ottawa Senators. They NEVER get a CBC broadcast, they never get a decent start time (last week they started play at 11AM MT), and they are never discussed by anybody unless to compare Tkachuk's.

Anyways, Rogers only cares about the Leafs and the Oilers. We should really be glad because everything they do hockey-wise is terrible.
Rogers cares about Vancouver too. That's their 2nd biggest market, since Montreal is partially owned by Bell and broadcast by them. Toronto is still Bell's #1 market, but it will be interesting to see how they pivot when Rogers buys out their share of the Leafs.

For the record I counted Ottawa on CBC 5 times this season, twice against Vancouver, twice against Toronto, and once against the Bruins, on Hockey Day in Canada, when the Jets and Flames is broadcast on City/Sportsnet. The Jets have 0 games on CBC this season, not even WASAC night, which was the later start.

• Wow
Reactions: Section 325

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Last chance to get your guesses in to the Prediction Contest...

1000007837.jpg

Reactions: Fatdrunk

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
FIRST HALF OF MY DREAM FALL DAY FOR WINNIPEGER'S...

BOMBERS PULL IT OUT WITH ZERO TIME LEFT.... CASTILLO... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES I AM YELLING....
Sooooo was doing yard work
How long was this FG?

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sooooo was doing yard work
How long was this FG?

Long... from the 42...

It would have been into a stiff breeze a minute earlier...

But Fall weather and a miracle happened just before they had to kick it...

The wind did a 180 degree turn and accelerated upwards of 40 to 60 km/hr with the kick...

Castillo literally just chipped it up into the air...

Just wow... !!!!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
What's scary is we have to listen to the Flames home broadcast team. It's Jon Abbott and Greg Millen. Never heard Abbott call a game, he replaced Rick Ball who... well, took his ball and went to Chicago.

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

DharmaBum

Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
The wins have been nice.
Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 5.49.24 PM.png

Connor needs a point tonight to tie Wheeler for the longest point streak to start a season.
Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 5.49.50 PM.png

Good contributions from everyone so far.
Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 5.48.38 PM.png

DharmaBum

Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets gonna have to watch out for Calgary's Dmen coming in late. I would not have guessed that Calgary was 2nd in Dmen goals last season.
Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 5.59.20 PM.png

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad