GDT: GAME 06 - Tuesday, October 22nd, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets at St. Louis Blues - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Good to see Stan back in - now we need Ville back for his opportunity.
Hopefully have this sorted out by Xmas

Reactions: sipowicz

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I am fine with Stan getting chances now rather than 2 weeks before the playoffs while supplanting a pairing that is working like last season. As long as the Jets decision about who plays on that pairing longterm and who gets waived when Heinola is healthy is based on merit.
I prefer Fleury but Stan gives the Jets size. I don't know a lot about St. Louis's lineup seems like they have some speedy younger guys and a few bigger slower vets.

I hope Stanley plays well. Pionk is playing well so he might be the most hated Jet on these boards.

I don't think anyone is getting waived. If anything might waive Gus and carry 2 extra d-men and to give Heinola sheltered 7th d/PP minutes when he does come back because that's what I'd expect him to get, having proven very little to date.

Fleury is too good of a PKer to lose. I think the Jets want some depth in that role, especially on the left side where there are no prospects to call up. I still think his speed gives an element to the team, that Stan can't bring, but who knows this might be a chippier game than the Jets have played so far. Separated by 2 points in the standings, it should be tight. Hopefully the boys start off the road trip the way they finished their home stand.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
This is the real test. If they lose tonight I don't think I'll ever recover from it emotionally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad