GDT: GAME 05 - Sunday, October 20th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - 2:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
When I signed up to do this GDT, I had planned to interview the lady who sleeps on the Empress Street Bicycle Path about Rutger McWhatshisface to get the latest scoop on what he has been up to since the trade. Then this happened...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But as it turns out, the Jets decided to use this game as a tribute to long time Jets legend Bryan Little, who is much deserving of this honour. Just ask these guys...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So, who is Bryan Little you ask?

2006-07-ITG-Heroes-086_1024x1024@2x.jpg

He played junior hockey for the Ontario Hockey League's Barrie Colts from the 2003-04 to 2006-07 seasons, amassing 153 goals and 184 assists for 342 points in only 247 games. Here are some of the honours that Little received while playing for them:
  • 2003–04 OHL Rookie of the Year
  • 2004–05 Eastern Conference OHL All-Star.
  • 2005–06 Barrie Colts team Captain.
  • 2006–07 Set the Barrie Colts current club record for most goals scored with the team.
  • 2006–07 Set the Barrie Colts current club record for most points earned with the team.
  • January 25, 2020 Barrie Colts retire Little’s number 18 jersey
Little was a highly touted pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, going 12th Overall to the Atlanta Thrashers...

bryan-little-poses-for-a-photo-after-the-atlanta-thrashers-selected-him-with-the-12th-overall-pick-in-the-2006-nhl-entry-draft-in-vancouver-canada-saturday-june-24-2006-ap-photochuck-stoody-cp-2PCX7JT.jpg

In 2007, Little was named to Team Canada at the World Junior Championship in Sweden and helped his team bring home the gold medal...

070105-gmg-088.jpg

On October 5th, 2007, Little made his debut with the Thrashers right out of training camp and scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game against the Washington Capitals...

atlanta-thrashers-bryan-little-moves-the-puck-toward-the-goal-while-being-pursed-by-washington-capitals-mike-green-52-boyd-gordon-15-and-david-steckel-39-during-the-first-period-of-an-nhl-hockey-game-wednesday-nov-21-2007-in-washington-ap-photoharaz-n-ghanbari-2PAT8B5.jpg

However, midway through the season, he was sent down to Atlanta's minor league affiliate, the Chicago Wolves, where he helped them win the 2008 Calder Cup Championship...

wilkes-barre-scranton-penguins-v-chicago-wolves.jpg

Returning to the NHL the following year, Little would go on to score 31 goals in his sophomore season, the most in one season in his career...

little_bryan.jpg

In 2011, Little, along with the rest of the Atlanta franchise, moved to Winnipeg. In the process, he changed his jersey number from 10 to 18 out of respect for Dale Hawerchuk.

hockey-nhl-ana-wpg.JPG

In Winnipeg, he would play in nine more seasons, until a devastating injury effectively ended his career...

image.jpg

On March 21st, 2022, Little's contract was traded to the Arizona Coyotes, along with the rights to prospect Nathan Smith, for a fourth round draft pick...

images

On September 27th, 2024, Little signed a one day contract with the Winnipeg Jets to officially retire from the NHL as a Jet...

64586b51a85d2.image.jpg

In 843 career games with the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise, Little scored 217 goals and added 304 assists for 521 points. He also added four goals and twelve points in 27 playoff games for the Jets.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Today, we salute Bryan Little, one of the most underrated players in Winnipeg Jets 2.0 history, and well deserving of this honour...

xxgjbpwrrodjps8ffdji

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023
Hoping soeone can help me out.
I'd like to purchase a good quality Heritage blue Jets jersey. I live a couple hours from Winnipeg and would rather purchase it to be sent to me than to drive in.
Where would anyone recommend I call to find one?

Thnx.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hoping soeone can help me out.
I'd like to purchase a good quality Heritage blue Jets jersey. I live a couple hours from Winnipeg and would rather purchase it to be sent to me than to drive in.
Where would anyone recommend I call to find one?

Thnx.
Are you looking to just find one online retail or find something second hand ?

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Would love to lock in a 10 point lead over Nashville with a win here - prior the the season a lot of talking heads had us battling for positioning with them so it could come up huge in April

BarnabyJones PI

I'd kindly settle for a tall glass of milk.
You have a good memory. I remember a lot of the Winnipeg references in movies/TV shows but that one had completely escaped my memory.

I appreciate that episode, even though it wasn't filmed in Winnipeg, the detail of adding 'Old Dutch' potato chips at the hotel bar/lounge scene was a nice touch.

I perked up not long ago, watching an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, where Michael Douglas' character - pretending to be a draft dodger on the run - mentions passing through Winnipeg while up in Canada. The older the show, the more surprised I am when we're referenced.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Will be attending tomorrow. Look forward to partaking in some chants.

Will be awesome to see Little get some much deserved flowers. A true pro through and through in his time here.

GJG.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
THE Baron will be there to FINALLY grace his presence love.

1729399535149.gif

I WANNA SEE A WIN, to bad MacGROTTY sucks to hard to give a dam! :laugh:

Bryan Lits was an amazing all time Jets 2.0 performer!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad