GDT: GAME 05 - Sunday, October 20th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - 2:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not a very good period. Not a lot of creativity offensively and Comrie is an adventure in net. Gotta kill this PP to start the 2nd.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I liked all Jets that period except for tree and the top line (well Vilardi was good, one of his better periods). Gus seems up to par with Kupari so far. Comrie solid.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That was a weak period by Stanley. I still don't get the Jets' infatuation with him. For a guy of his size, he isn't very physical but the big drawback is that he is too slow!

Yeah there seems to be this weird line of thinking that just because he's big he's a psychical guy but there 5'11 dudes in this league that could man handle him both physically and in an actual fight. He's not super soft but he's not physical especially for his size. He lacks the finer details of the game, his processor is quite slow and his lateral movement, top speed and acceleration are also quite slow.

There really aren't much redeeming qualities in his game.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yeah there seems to be this weird line of thinking that just because he's big he's a psychical guy but there 5'11 dudes in this league that could man handle him both physically and in an actual fight. He's not super soft but he's not physical especially for his size. He lacks the finer details of the game, his processor is quite slow and his lateral movement, top speed and acceleration are also quite slow.

There really aren't much redeeming qualities in his game.
He's the same player he was in junior and that's not a compliment.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The power play was... interpretive dance...
interpretative-dance-performer.gif

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Yeah I really don't see any improvement from him in literally any area from the day we drafted him until now.
He's easily the worst player on the ice in the defensive zone for the Jets in this game. He hasn't been bad offensively I would say, but his big "thing" is supposed to be his size and he barely uses it.

There are plenty of people that should be given chances over him, at this point.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad