GDT: GAME 05 - Sunday, October 20th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - 2:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I wanted to take my mom to this game because she was a Bryan Little fan, and she has never seen a live game in the Jets 2.0 era. Got to see the Hawks to start the year, which was my dad's team, as a hockey fan who lived in the Original Six era, for the first time in the new era. First game I remember going to with him was the Hawks in the Denis Savard era. I think Tony O was still playing if you want a reference.

Last time I saw Pens play Crosby stole the show, but the Jets had guys like Carl Dahlstrom on defense.
I'll be watching this one of TV. Wonder if the guys like Ladd and Buff are in town for this game.

My favourite Bryan Little memory is the Heritage game goal against Calgary, to win it, in perfect outdoor hockey conditions. That and the play he made to break open the Nashville game, I want to say game 3 or 4, where he bounced off checks to set up a nice goal.

He was a guy who played under the radar, took a lot of heat because he couldn't centre Ehlers and Laine, effectively, but he exemplified the underdog role that the Jets are synonymous with.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
My mother would always call him "Lamb" for some reason. I would ask her, "you mean Ladd, right?" No she was talking about the other guy, Lamb. "Oh, you mean Little?" Yes, she would say.

I guess she associated Little with Mary had a little lamb, but that's what she always called him. Miss you Mom...😍

Don't forget to get your guesses into the Prediction Contest before it closes at puck drop...:nod:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks for the GDT @macmaroon !

I'm glad a certain Pens prospect is not here to upstage Bryan Little.

GaSATubbUAAn-vG.jpg

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Stan had some decent regular season games last year but his penalties in the playoffs cost us big time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Comrie in net?

Is it too late to change my prediction? :laugh:

"Hey, we're undefeated so far, and on Bryan Little day, let's start making random roster changes!"

They have to give Helle breaks and a non conference game against a middling team seems like a good time to do it. Our following three after today are against conference opponents.

Not sure why they are rushing Stanley back in though.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
If none of the three are injured then there is no reason for the change , both Kupari and Fluery have played well and get rewarded with pb duty, Helle has had a cakewalk so far this year and giving Comrie a road start would of been better

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Comrie in net?

Is it too late to change my prediction? :laugh:

"Hey, we're undefeated so far, and on Bryan Little day, let's start making random roster changes!"
Doen't seems random. They aren't replacing Ehlers with Gus or anything. Team is playing well, let the press box guys get some time against a mediocre Pens team. I don't see the huge impact we are missing in Kupari and Fleury.

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
I understand wanting to keep guys from getting cold/rusty but I don't see why you have to play all three in the same game.

Reactions: Aggie204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad