Confirmed with Link: Gallagher and Niku have entered the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
KK could be playing in Fast spot though. And the Habs were a better team last year and we still managed KK like the Canes are doing this year.

I believe Gorton has to choose a direction and start to sell while he reviews the direction with Ducharme and they get on the same page with how to manage our current youth

Carolina has a better team this year than the Habs have bad in many years.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Meanwhile Caufield is practicing on the 4th line with Perreault and Pezzetta and Norlinder is likely to be scratched for Kulak. Unbelievable...
Both these guys are playing better than #44 he could learn something. If I tune in I want offence though. Hard to commit to watching tonight I must admit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Carolina has a better team this year than the Habs have bad in many years.

Sure but it's overlooks the point cause we did have a better team (not as good as the Canes) last year and we did the same thing with KK as the Canes are doing this year. And you don't think the Canes can play KK in Fast 3rd line spot? Wait, they did and demoted him.

The Canucks are managing Podkolzin the same way we are with Caufield. It's not just the Habs who are managing their young guys this way. Evidence all over the place. There is no perfect way to have a solution for all. Every case needs to be managed individually IMO. I personally don't see a problem with sheltering Caufield at 5/5 but giving him PP time. And I understand how others want it to be different. I just don't agree with this entirely and I understand the coaches approach which is grooming them along and testing them in different situations if they are to remain in the NHL. At some point, if they struggle in several situations, then you send them to the AHL.

When you see all of Therrien, Julien, and Ducharme as well as other coaches do the same. You have to wonder right? It's not just the Habs who are grooming young players that way. And I have to repeat it, each case should be managed differently

Last edited:

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
At least it may force them to play the kids a whole game. Good thing the team doesn't need to win games, but either play Caufield and Norlinder a lot of minutes or send them somewhere they can. Giving them a few sheltered minutes to let the coach try to scrape a point or two in the standings at the expense of their development is something the GM needs to put an end to.

Fine, the coach always wants more guys, and it's easy to show how tough he is by bullying rookies he can send down, but it's up to the GM to make sure young guys develop. Caufield was playing during most of the cup run, that's fine. He's not playing much now, and he's redundant with all the other small snipers looking for open space, so send him to the AHL, make sure he gets 20 minutes a night, and leave him there until he gets 10 consecutive multipoint games while making some effort on D, or until they are ready to play him consistently in the NHL.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Play Caufield top minutes and off the half wall for a one timer on the PP or send him somewhere where he will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad