Galchenyuk or Subban

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
you need to change that av...

and it's extremely close imo, luckily they play separate and equally valuable positions

if I had to choose I'd say Galchenyuk, he is the best forward we've had in decadse

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Voted PK. If he stays at the same level he is a top 3 Dman in the world and he should get better.

But there's no correct answer

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Voted PK, already has won the Norris. That being said, we havent had 1 stud like one of these since Patrick Roy. Now we have two and will both be there for years. Havent been this excited about this team since the 1993 cup. We will be a solid team for a long time. Add to that Galagher and Eller, its amazing.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I've been spending the last 15 minutes trying to figure out how I can vote for both options.
No luck yet, but will let you guys know once I break through!

PricePkPatch*

There is the strong possibility that there will only be about 10 centres as skilled as Galchenyuk playing in the NHL. (roughly, with wiggle room for homerism).

There is the strong possibility that there will only be about 3 defensemen as skill as Subban.

Subban is just ahead of the bell curve in his field than Chuckie. Sure, Chuckie may skate better, pass better and shoot better, but he's not going to dominate his position as well as Subban.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Galchenyuk's potential seem limitless. Subban is almost at his prime. Hard to say, but I like going with the safe pick in these circumstances. Galchenyuk has a way to go to reach Subban's level of dominance.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Way too soon to say and not a fair question.

PK is arguably the best blueliner in the league. Hard to live up to that. But Galchenyuk is just starting his career...

I abstain.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Based solely on PK's trend of exponential improvement.

Galchenyuk could match it in the future.

Chuck already looks to be on the path to elite. Such phenomenal skills...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This is easily the best poll yet.

PK gets obvious bonus points because he's more proven and he's a D and probably a more rare talent. I've said pretty much since his first season that I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league, Crosby included. I think he has all the goods to make him a generational talent and the best player in the league.

That being said, the very fact that Galchenyuk is unproven can almost be a plus because who knows his ceiling. I say that he can crack the top 5 of NHL forwards/players in his prime.

I'm convinced his mix of hands/vision/shot(release)/size/defense/attitude can catapult him to the top of that short list. He just has way too many things going for him at such an elite level.

There's a very good chance PK will be the best D man and AG the best forward in the league for years to come. PK is arguably there now.

God this is so hard! I take 'chenyuk only because I think our D corps prospects can come up with a better substitute for PK than our forward prospects can for AG.

Tinordi, Beaulieu, Emelin, Markov, Dietz, Nygren, Thrower, Pateryn, Bennett. I think you can stitch together a Cup corps with these guys. I have huge faith in Tinordi being elite in his own way. Beaulieu will not be PK but he's got great tools. Those 2 hitting their projected ceilings could combine to sort of replace what PK brings.

Galchenyuk? All you have is Eller who's no chopped liver but after that we have no real centers. I think our line up looks better with AG and no PK other than vice versa.

We're super super lucky to have both.

PricePkPatch*

Based solely on PK's trend of exponential improvement.

Galchenyuk could match it in the future.

Chuck already looks to be on the path to elite. Such phenomenal skills...

I have yet to see Chuckie light up his team during a lost cause and almost single-handely earn his team a victory.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
PK already has a Norris, and to me, he's the best Dman in the NHL. Even if he isn't to some, he's definitely in the talks of top 3-5.
I'm not convinced Galchenyuk will be a top 5 center in the NHL. We're talking Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Datsyuk, Giroux, Toews, Tavares..

It's not really fair comparing centers to Dmen, and it's way too early, Gally is a sophomore, but I'm happy we will have both.

If only Price could absolutely dominate his position as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Tough.

One of the best defenseman in the game or arguably our best forward in a LONG time and our first forward who can consistently hit a PPG+ in his prime.

Seriously ecstatic that we have both on the team. If I had to choose one that will be better down the road, I'll say Subban. I see more Norris trophies coming. Subban is a stud.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Would you rather have a perennial Art Ross candidate or a perennial Norris candidate?

Very tough call.

I will grudgingly settle for having both.

PricePkPatch*

Absolutely. Just saying we need to see Chuck's development in three years in order to make an informed choice.

Indeed. But the poll is right here, right now. It's NOT an informed choice :handclap:

therefore, knowing that, which do you think is/will be the best player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad