GDT: G7: Wild @ OTT 6pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Ottawa's won 4 in a row, but the Wild have also won a game in a row. Can't wait to watch some hockey tonight!

On a more serious note, after this busy summer I've wanted to watch Ottawa but haven't had the opportunity. Looking forward to it, and go Wild!

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Twitter lines are showing jost as a scratch? Any confirmation on that yet? Also excited to see the sens that team should be very fun to watch!

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Should be a fun matchup. If we play pond hockey against their top two lines, they will make us pay.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
DeBrincat-Brassard-Giroux

With Shane "5 goals in 6 games" Pinto is a terrifying offense for a team whose defense and goaltenders just finally put together their first full good game of the season. And that's without Norris too.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Goli can't sign anything until next year. Jost on the other hand...
He didn't re-sign Marcus Johansson when he failed in his role, so I highly doubt he'll re-sign Jost when/if he fails, too.

The differences with Goligoski are that there was a much speculated about gentleman's agreement that seems to have been in place already, and he wasn't an absolute failure at his job. He had a pretty good first half. It wasn't totally insane for Guerin to re-sign him to the terms from that gentleman's agreement, show the league his word is good, and keep Goli in a diminished role that should keep him fresh longer. It hasn't worked out well so far, but that's hindsight. If I could do everything with hindsight I'd be rich enough to own the Wild.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Goligoski has been fine this year, At $2MM he is able to fill in as a top 4 as needed, provide veteran guidance to our young guys, and doesn’t mind taking a seat when the D are healthy. Is there even another defenseman in the league that is signed for less while being better and would have been willing to sign with us during the dead cap years?

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Man, Ottawa did it right. I wouldn’t have blamed them for going for one more tank year, but they look like they’ve got as bright a future as anyone

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Agreed. It's not like we have NHL ready Dmen beating down the door in Iowa, either.
It’s the 2nd year on his deal that’s unnecessary. The handshake agreement was likely a 3 year $9M AAV deal though, so can’t really fault Guerin for honoring that if that’s the case. Can fault him for paying more collectively for Goli + Suter’s buyout than just dealing with Suter’s personality though.

Reactions: Uberdachen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad