GDT: G66: Wild @ Sharks 9:30pm CT/4:30am Sweden/5:30am @Lapa (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Boldy has 1+2 in the last 9 games. Not like he’s playing with scrubs at this point.

I think Dean should consider moving Boldy up to the top line and inserting Walker with Ek and Marjo.

I smell double standards afoot. If it was Zucc who was injured, Wild fans would be rioting if Dean didn’t put Boldy next to Kaprizov.
It's not a double standard to want to see Boldy MarJo and Ek have time to build chemistry, knowing they will be playing together come playoff time

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Most people I know had a hard time not putting on 10-15 lbs in college, lol.

To add to this. There really isn't a spot for Walker without switching the lines up.
-Putting him on the top line as Kap's replacement is just setting him up to fail.
-Steel did have a bunch of games on a line with Zucc earlier this year, and is somehow still 9th on the team for points, and 8th for goals.
-Marjo/JEE/Boldy are looking decent together.
-Sundquist is a new addition and the Foligno/Freddy G/Sundquist line is showing up on the score sheet.
-2 PKers on the 4th line and Reaves (who won't be put in the pressbox).

If Steel looks like he forgot to take off his skate protectors then Walker will get a chance.

Has Walker looked better in the AHL? I haven't watched Iowa since the end of Feb. He was looking off the last time I paid attention.
As I said before, Walker might’ve hit a wall in late Feb after the AS game. Still is obviously fast, and skilled. For my money, it’s between he and Rossi for the best forward on the team, whereas earlier, it was clearly Walker.
Scored in his last game, I think? He looked kind of relieved to get one to go in.
Sammy has always been a thin, quick twitch type. Hyper athletic. Some guys like that just can never put on weight. I think he can play without the weight, but that it would really help him if he could put it on. He’s not tall, by any means, but he’s tall enough. At least 1”, but probably more like 2” taller than Rossi. He could end up being a tweener like Steel, but I think I see better offense and his quickness to his game- hard to say.

My main complaint about Steel is that he is so vanilla, and has next to no upside at this point, but he tries hard, and it’s hard to complain about him at an entry level salary. Maybe he’ll be one of those guys who figures it out late in his career. He’s got some speed, just zero heaviness, and the skill doesn’t seem to be there. He’s like a 4 th liner with no physicality or grind to his game. Dean is very loyal to guys that buy into his coaching, and it seems like Steel has done that, from the way he rewards him with playing time.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The double standard went right over your head. Read what I said again.

I would be fine with Steel replacing Zucc, and Boldy staying on his line, with the current roster.

With the earlier in the season lineups Boldy would have been my 1st or 2nd choice to replace Zucc. The health, personnel, and lines have changed since then.

Reactions: TaLoN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If it was 2 months ago, I would say to move Boldy up. If Kaprizov was done for the year, I'd say move Boldy. In the current circumstances, keeping things as status quo as possible is the right thing to do, IMO.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I need to stop watching non-Wild hockey games. The last 2 games I've watched for more than a period: DAL/BUF (10-4) and I now have the TOR/EDM game on (5-3 after 2). Goals look a lot easier for games where MN isn't involved.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy has 1+2 in the last 9 games. Not like he’s playing with scrubs at this point.

I think Dean should consider moving Boldy up to the top line and inserting Walker with Ek and Marjo.

I smell double standards afoot. If it was Zucc who was injured, Wild fans would be rioting if Dean didn’t put Boldy next to Kaprizov.
The double standard went right over your head. Read what I said again.

Kaprizov is the premier player on this roster. If there's an open spot on his wing, you'd want your best possible players playing there, which would be Boldy if Zuccarello was injured.
Zuccarello is not a premier player on this roster. There's no reason to dismantle the other lines to make sure he's playing with the best. He can deal with it for the next few weeks. As others have said, making sure that second line is going is going to be important in the playoffs.

If it's a double standard, then so be it. I'm okay with double standards for Kaprizov versus Zuccarello.

Reactions: NHL1674

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I wanted Boldy up there now with Kap out because it could be useful for him to play with Zucc for a while. When Zucc and Kap are on the ice after practice Boldy sometimes joins them. But the top line isn't the place to learn, so I agree that Steel is the better option for now. It's also a good point to keep the 2nd line intact to build chemistry.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Hope the boys don't get sucked into a track meet against EK and the Sharks while trying to fill in for Kaprizov, the Sharks may not defend well, but they still can put the puck in the net. We were too loose against them last time, we have been much tighter since, need to stick to that plan and capitalize on the mistake and depth differences.

Steel brings stability to that line, he has at least been passable against top line talent during this season with an emphasis on defensive play and flashes a bit of offensive potential. The Boldy line is going to get the tougher matchups though in this stretch.

We have depth, this is their time to shine and show that they deserve to be pushing for time in the playoffs. There is a lot of extra ice time that just became available, and Dean loves to roll 4 already, guys will get their opportunities if they earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad