GDT: G61: NYI @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitter Clinger

Feb 3, 2022
Cardiac kids! Fun to win close games when we're outplayed and have a goalie who stands on his head. Nothing to be ashamed about. A win is a win.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
My love for Gus knows no bounds.

Also... watching Freddy G on the shootout is weird. It feels a lot like when I'm on a shoot out in Nhl2k and I'm just spasticaly flailing my left thumb stick around while more calmly dragging around with my right... it works more often than not, but it sure doesn't feel like skill.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My love for Gus knows no bounds.

Also... watching Freddy G on the shootout is weird. It feels a lot like when I'm on a shoot out in Nhl2k and I'm just spasticaly flailing my left thumb stick around while more calmly dragging around with my right... it works more often than not, but it sure doesn't feel like skill.

It's no different than Stewie on the SO to me. He was good at it. It's a nice skill to have, but meaningless when the Playoffs start.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It's no different than Stewie on the SO to me. He was good at it. It's a nice skill to have, but meaningless when the Playoffs start.
Man, I forgot about Stewie in the SO. Lol.

I don't disagree. I mean, there's value so long as the NHL still has an OT SO during the regular season. the extra point can help get a team to the PO... but obviously meaningless from there. And Freddy has been, largely, useless outside of the SO this year.

Reactions: Wabit

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Walz made a good point. I'm sure MAF is fine no matter who starts. He's a laid back guy...good, fun teammate without much of an ego. Hell, he said he was looking forward to rotating with Talbot before we moved him. Said he liked the idea of having more games off.

I think the one person who IS going to have a problem with this, especially if we make the playoffs, is Guerin. His fingerprints were all over the move to sit Talbot until the last game of the series last year.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
in Texas. I tried ESPN plus . Not available.
so I listened to KFAN and it seemed the only thing I heard all game was Gustavsson “fought it off!”
Ottawa backup? Super small sample but that’s pretty incredible play. I sure hope GMBG runs with the hot hand.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Walz made a good point. I'm sure MAF is fine no matter who starts. He's a laid back guy...good, fun teammate without much of an ego. Hell, he said he was looking forward to rotating with Talbot before we moved him. Said he liked the idea of having more games off.

I think the one person who IS going to have a problem with this, especially if we make the playoffs, is Guerin. His fingerprints were all over the move to sit Talbot until the last game of the series last year.
Why would a GM have a problem with one of their players performing well?

Reactions: Ban Hammered

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

His agent isn't.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
in Texas. I tried ESPN plus . Not available.
so I listened to KFAN and it seemed the only thing I heard all game was Gustavsson “fought it off!”
Ottawa backup? Super small sample but that’s pretty incredible play. I sure hope GMBG runs with the hot hand.

You missed a good game if you like goalies playing well. The Kap line didn't show up tonight. The Boldy line was invisible. The o-zone play came from the bottom-6.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Gus is now in the pantheon of great wild rookie goalies: Backstrom, kuemper, harding, etc.

Backy yes. Gus maybe (depends on the rest of the season). Kemps and Harding no, nothing really special about their rookie years imo.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
His agent isn't.
Why would we (Wild management) care about what his agent wants? I, personally, love MAF. He's a future HOF, Vezina winner, cup holder, and a genuinely cool / down to earth guy....but if his agent thinks there's something lucrative beyond this contract.... that's on him I guess.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Backy yes. Gus maybe (depends on the rest of the season). Kemps and Harding no, nothing really special about their rookie years imo.
My memories and hockey reference say otherwise, but ymmv. The first 4 seasons for harding and kuemper were at best 82 games but the numbers were very good. Wild D deserves substantial credit for that

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My memories and hockey reference say otherwise, but ymmv. The first 4 seasons for harding and kuemper were at best 82 games but the numbers were very good. Wild D deserves substantial credit for that

We have different definitions of rookie. 25ish games in a season (full time backup numbers) is what I count as their rookie year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
MN is now 2nd in the Central and 4th in the West:
-need 3p to be #1 in the West
-need 2p to be #1 in the Central
-up 2p from being WC2
-up 8p from being out of the Playoffs.

Regulation wins are the 1st tie breaker and MN is behind all but CGY (9th) of the top-9 teams in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad