GDT: G3: Wild @ Jets 5pm CT BSN

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Samberg is a damn good dman.
Skeptical.gif

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Getting a point is good, but they needed two considering how well Gus played and that they left the other point on the table last night
Meh, missing Ek, B2B with travel and shooting last night and early game. I'm good with getting the point.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The d-corps looked more stable today than they have the first 2 games.

The bottom-6 is just invisible.

Gus looked solid.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Meh, missing Ek, B2B with travel and shooting last night and early game. I'm good with getting the point.

Yeah, for sure, but these are the types of weekend you look back on at the end of the season when you're a few points short of making the playoffs. Could have realistically been a four point weekend, even with those factors you listed, but it's only two.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Bad
-Kaprizov: tired & sloppy
-Zuccarello: floats in D zone
-Bogosian

Horrible
-Ohgren: looked like he had 4 shots of espresso. No hands at all. Good motor though

Good
-Gaudreau: Good feet and along the wall defensively
-Faber
-Brodin
-Lauko

Excellent
-Gustavsson
-Foligno: best forward tonight. Beast in the neutral zone

I like the Marat-Foligno pair on the 3rd line. Nice forechecking unit.

Team speed increase is notable with Lauko, Marat & Trenin.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The bottom-6 is just invisible.
Yeah bottom six was supposed to be new and improved, but they provide almost nothing. Fourth line is a fourth line so you don't expect anything from them. Foligno and Trenin need to be much better to play on the third line. They're playing like fourth liners so far.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Trenin looks awful. Would rather have Duhaime for half the cost and term. Lauko hasn't looked like much when playing against real NHL'ers. I don't mind Marat, and he is only 20 odd games into his NHL career, so I am giving him a pass.

A lot of mediocrity on this team, including the coach. We'll see if he can get them out of this underwhelming start, but seeing a team whit the exact same problems as last year is disturbing.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't mind Marat, and he is only 20 odd games into his NHL career, so I am giving him a pass.

Winning 60% of his faceoffs through three games too. Really do hope he develops some more offense, because he could be a great 3C.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Trenin looks awful. Would rather have Duhaime for half the cost and term. Lauko hasn't looked like much when playing against real NHL'ers. I don't mind Marat, and he is only 20 odd games into his NHL career, so I am giving him a pass.

A lot of mediocrity on this team, including the coach. We'll see if he can get them out of this underwhelming start, but seeing a team whit the exact same problems as last year is disturbing.

It's the (basically) same team as last year. So, the expectation for me was just more of the same.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Trenin doesn’t even look like an nhler to me. I have no idea what he’s supposed to be bringing. Is he good at locker room pranks or something tangible?

Reactions: lordtrillson

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The bright side is that Guerin should be on the hot seat if they continue to struggle.

He's safe until the end of the season. There isn't anything a new GM could really do at this point in the season. No cap and too many unmovable contracts for any changes to really happen with the on-ice product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad