G Sergei Ivanov - HC Sochi, KHL (2022, 138th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Very exciting prospect to follow from afar. It is interesting though how his KHL team is so bad but all of their goalies have good to great numbers

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
68 saves on 69 shots in a preseason game vs SKA...

Bet he's gonna be the better goalie than Askarov.
Also didn't allow a single goal against Russian U?? team for the 28 minutes he played in first game of the tournament.

What did Ivanov say there? I saw a comment from HC Zubov saying they decided to not keep him in net for shootout because he hurt himself in the game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Also didn't allow a single goal against Russian U?? team for the 28 minutes he played in first game of the tournament.

What did Ivanov say there? I saw a comment from HC Zubov saying they decided to not keep him in net for shootout because he hurt himself in the game.

He said usual things for a goalie: "Making saves is my job, the team helped me a lot, I'm gonna rest a bit and start preparing for next games".

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
68 saves on 69 shots in a preseason game vs SKA...

Bet he's gonna be the better goalie than Askarov.
Literally the only negative thing I have heard about Ivanov is that he's short. His numbers are consistently fantastic. I hope he can keep it up and becomes the starter in Columbus one day.

Reactions: CBJx614

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As a CBJ fan, him flying under the radar, developing and excelling in the KHL for a few years is fine by me.

Yeah, it looks like he's going to be 1G for Sochi, not bad for a 20 year old kid. On the other hand the second guy is Zavragin who is even younger, and compared to him Ivanov is a KHL veteran.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad