G Nathan Darveau - Victoriaville Tigres, QMHJL (2021 Undrafted)

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
Okay, this is a weird one.

So this guy was first drafted in 11th round of 2019 in the QMJHL. Last season, he was called up by Victoriaville because of an injury and never looked back since, being the starting goalie in front of the highly touted goalie prospect Gabriel D'aigle this season.

Last season he was pretty good:
21-22 stats:
37GP 3.11GAA .917 SV%

This season, he is absolutely dominating on an average Victoriaville team, having only 2 games below .900SV%:
22-23 stats:
22GP 1.93GAA .942 SV%

Stats in November 2022:
10GP 1.60GAA .953 SV%

His problem is, he is 5'8 165 pounds.

I am rooting so hard for him, but it sucks that he's only 5'8. He is such a feisty goalie as well, which is a major reason of his success. I am really curious of where he will end up in the future if he continues this ridiculous pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
I feel it's unfair though he did not even receive WJC invitation given his phenomenal season. His team is on year 2 of rebuild with no drafted players.

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
5’8” goalie.

you can thank genetics. This kid knows a lot about “unfair“
Of course.

But I think it's sad that too often this tournament favors size and future projections in pro instead of dominating in juniors. As far as I know, an invitation isn't a guaranteed spot in the team but an opportunity to prove yourself in hope to make the team and the goal is to win, not to ''showcase'' a player or a team. I'm taking Darveau any day of the week over William Rousseau on a stacked team right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he gets an AHL contract, that’s all he needs. If he puts up superior SV%’s to others, he’ll reach the NHL. Teams don’t hold it against you if you outplay others. They’ll hold it against you on the margins.

Reactions: Dutronc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad