Confirmed with Link: (G) J. Markstrom (30% retention) traded to NJ for (D) Kevin Bahl, 2025 1st rd pick (Top 10 protected)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Bahl was getting blasted by a huge portion of the board last season but now we’re going to panic because we moved him for a huge need? Markstrom isn’t an awesome goalie but he should provide above average goaltending and fits well with our play style. Look at his HDSV% and HDGSAA.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m totally fine with this trade. We should be better next year, so a late first is fine.

I had hope for Bahl, but I don’t mind moving him at the same time. It will be interesting to see who we pursue on the left side now.

Reactions: minibrodeur

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
They will upgrade on Bahl with FA/trades approaching. The first is protected and will more than likely be out of the lottery. If we were worried about trading 10 oa, how is this not a massive relief for everyone?

Reactions: longislanddevil

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
I'm pretty happy with this. Markstrom is the best fit, doesn't lock us into a big contract after 1 year. Always expected it to be the 25 1st. With Bahl gone, do we look to add a LD at the draft with 10OA?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would still prefer Kahkonen or Lankinen.
I dont believe they would be worser than Markstrom next year as DEVILS goalies. I dont know how they will perform for other teams.
1+2 for 2 years of old goalies is not good.
I believe we will try to sign big goalie next summer.

Yeah, I'm there with you.

Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad